Lately, I have been getting a lot of questions about what I recommend Cricut newbies buy along with their machine.
It’s a good question – if you aren’t familiar with all that Cricut can do and offers, it can be a little bit overwhelming when you look at all the supplies.
The first question you should ask yourself is this:
Get access to our FREE Cricut Support Group, exclusive deals, tips, project ideas, and more!
What do I want to do most with my Cricut machine?
This will help guide what extra materials you want to start out with – and help you decide if you want to buy one of the wonderful bundles available through Cricut.com.
So, here is a list of what I would recommend getting with your machine, based on what you are going to do with it! Remember, if you use the code Clarks15, you will get 15% off and free shipping (excluding machines, EasyPress m
These are items that everyone should really get for their Cricut machine, regardless of what they want to do with it. Below, you will find shoppable images that you can click on for prices and to shop, as well as the links below the image in case it’s not working 🙂
- Extra Mats – blue, purple, and green in all sizes (12×12 and 12×24)
- Extra blades
- Weeding Tool
If you will be sewing . . .
You can cut fabric with the Cricut Maker and the Cricut Explore Air. However, it is much easier and smoother with the Maker. Regardless, here are a few things you will need.
- Sewing Kit
- Washable Fabric Pen
- Extra pink fabric mat (in 12×12 and 12×24)
- Extra rotary blades
- If you don’t have a Maker, you will need some kind of adhesive backing for your fabric.
If you will be paper crafting . . .
- Scoring stylus
- Extra fine blades
- Extra deep cut blades
- Papers in a variety of thicknesses and styles (I really do love Cricut brand cardstock and other speciality papers – such as pearl paper, scrapbook paper, etc. – but any that you like will do).
Here are some paper crafting bundles you may like:
If you will be making iron-on projects . . .
- Cricut BrightPad
- Cricut EasyPress
- Iron on materials – Cricut has a wide variety, including:
Here are some iron on bundles you may like:
If you will be making mugs, cups, decorations, etc. . . .
- Cricut BrightPad
- Any materials you’d like to work with – Cricut has a wide variety; adhesive vinyl and adhesive foil are popular, but they also have other items, too.
- Check out our Dollar Tree Cricut Ideas post for some fun ideas!
Other Cricut Posts You May Enjoy: