Chicken noodle soup has never been easier or more delicious! This amazing chicken noodle soup recipe can be made in your Instant Pot in under 20 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle has never been my favorite soup.
Unless it’s my mom’s recipe. It isn’t as brothy as a lot of chicken noodle soups, and it’s just oh-so-delicious.
I’ve shared that recipe in the past – Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup – so it’s definitely one anyone can make. However, because I LOVE making Instant Pot soup recipes, I thought it would be a fun one to make in the Instant Pot.
I really think my favorite thing to make in the Instant Pot is soup. For some reason, it just seems SO much easier than making it on the stove. And the flavor just tastes so much more delicious.
Chicken noodle soup is a family favorite in the Barker family. When my dad was growing up, they would serve it over mashed potatoes. Have you ever heard of that? It sounded bizarre to me at first, but we tried it at a family Christmas party a few years ago, and it was absolutely DELICIOUS. Definitely try it out sometime.
We made this recently for my parents and grandpa, and everyone thought it was really delicious. I’m not sure I’ll ever make it on the stove top again!
Notes on This Recipe:
- I highly recommend getting a rotisserie chicken from the store for this recipe. The best price is going to be at Costco or Sam’s Club for sure. I just think it makes the recipe even easier – I usually will buy one rotisserie chicken, shred it, and use it for two different meals (for instance, last week I made this chicken noodle soup and the delicious Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake)
- I know that rotini noodles aren’t the “traditional” noodles for a chicken noodle soup, but I just like the texture better. However, you can absolutely use egg noodles. I think it would be fun to try my Grandma’s famous homemade egg noodles as well.
- If you want this soup to be extra creamy, you can add an extra can of cream of chicken soup.
- If your Instant Pot doesn’t have a soup setting, you should be fine just setting it on manual for the same amount of time.
Tools Use for this Recipe:
For this recipe, you obviously need an Instant Pot. I personally have a 6 quart 7-in-1 multi cooker (this one is a little newer than mine, but it’s pretty much the same).
Beyond that, you really just need a ladle to scoop the soup into bowls!
Sides for This Recipe:
Rolls are definitely a must with chicken noodle soup. Here are a few different bread recipes that would go well with this soup:
This recipe has some veggies in it, but you could easily add more to make it a little bit more hearty. A lot of people like celery, but it’s not my favorite, so I leave it out!
Chicken Noodle Soup Instant Pot
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, or grilled chicken strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 ounces dry rotini or egg noodles
- Whisk together chicken broth and chicken soup in the Instant Pot bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high manual for 7 minutes.
- Quick Pressure release.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Cholesterol: 21mgSodium: 769mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 7g
Other Instant Pot Posts You May Enjoy:
- 20+ of the Best Pasta Instant Pot Recipes
- The BEST Instant Pot Wassail Recipe (Pressure Cooker)
- The Ultimate Instant Pot Guide: Instant Pot Tips, Hacks, and Recipes
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
- The World’s Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Ice Cream (Grandpa’s Famous Recipe)
- Easy and Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.