This Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake is one of our FAVORITE recipes. Tons of creamy and delicious flavor – make extra if you are hoping to have extras!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
I love a good casserole.
Especially when it’s creamy, full of flavor, AND incredibly easy to make.
Fortunately for you, this easy buffalo chicken pasta bake has all three of those elements. And it’s so good.
It includes amazing ingredients, such as:
- Moore’s Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce (you can use Ranch dressing and buffalo sauce if you can’t find this)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Rotini Noodles
- Diced Chicken breast
You might remember when we created this delicious buffalo chicken alfredo a few months ago for a Moore’s Marinade recipe contest. Well, they had another contest, so we decided to try and win this time!
Let me tell you, if this doesn’t win, then that contest has got to be rigged. It has an amazing buffalo flavor that isn’t overpowering or too spicy and when you combine it with the alfredo sauce and cheese, it’s even better.
I was going to bake this in an 8×8 glass baking dish…but I got a little lazy and just put our ovenproof pan in the oven. So this can easily be a one-dish meal, or you can bake it in your baking dish. It’s up to you – I personally just like to minimize the number of dishes I have to clean 🙂
FAQs about this recipe
- Can it be frozen? Yep! Makes for a great freezer meal
- Can I make this in the slow cooker? I have never actually done this (I should though!) I think you could easily make this in the slow cooker – just put all the ingredients (except for the cheese topping) in and cook on low for three hours. Add the cheese toward the end and then broil (if you have an oven safe slow cooker pot)
- What brand of alfredo sauce? Honestly, they all taste pretty much the same to me, and I just buy whatever one is on sale.
- Can this be made the day before and refrigerated until it’s ready to cook? Absolutely! We’re all about meal prep around here.
- How many does this feed? 4-6, just depending on the size of the person eating.
PS – while this is delicious, it is VERY rich. Just take one of these beforehand, though, and you should be good to go!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta
printable recipe available below
- 8 ounces dry rotini noodles
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 Bottle Moore’s Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce
- 15 ounce prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- Cook Noodles
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil of choice in a skillet pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- SEason bite-sized chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Cook until no pink remains.
- Pour buffalo sauce and alfredo sauce into the pan with the chicken
- Combine with noodles and 1/2 cup cheese
- Pour into a baking dish (8×8) or if your skillet is oven safe, you can just use that!
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Feel free to broil for a minute or two to make cheese extra caramelized.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Author: Katie Clark
- 1/2 of 16-ounce box rotini noodles
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Garlic powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Coconut oil or olive oil
- 3/4 bottle Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce
- 1 jar, about 15-ounce prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cook noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil of choice in a skillet pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season bite-sized chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook until no pink remains.
- Pour buffalo sauce and alfredo sauce into the pan with the chicken.
- Combine with noodles and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour into a baking dish (8x8). If you have an oven-proof baking skillet, you can use that as well.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is nice and bubbly!
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
What are the measurements for the spices and the sauces you used?
The recipe has been updated 🙂
could you make this the day before, refrigerate and then cook the next night??
How many people does this feed?
I would say 4-6, depending on the age.
How would you recommend doing this in a crockpot? Football practice almost every night of the week and only have 30 minutes to prepare and eat. Otherwise its eating at 830.
Hmm, I’m not totally sure of the best way to do this in the crock pot. I think you could easily mix all the ingredients together (except for the cheese topping) and cook it in the crock pot for 2-3 hours – then add the cheese and broil before you are ready to serve it 🙂
My family and I loved your recipe! I don’t think Moore’s is carried here so I used Wishbone Buffalo ranch. I also added crushed potato chips with the cheese as a topping. Delicious!!!!
Potato chips are a great idea! So glad you enjoyed this!
Amazing. Thank you so much!
Jessica Martin says
Buffalo Chicken Dip is my fav! I never thought about making a pasta bake out of it!!! I can’t wait to try it!
Very popular with family .easy to make and even better next day.
Glad they enjoyed it!
Would really appreciate a Crocpot recipe to it… Cant use the oven as yet… Disabled
I’ll try and work on one!
Really good, followed recipe except my Publix only had blue cheese wing sauce. I loved how creamy it was! I was worried it might be spicy for my boys (I double the recipe) but it was just right. Funny it almost smelled spicier than it was. Hanging onto this one, thanks!
I’m so glad you liked it!
Amber Floyd says
Will canned chicken work for this as well?
Is the dish to spicy for 2yr old? I don’t love hot stop but it’s little spicy I don’t mind, just wondering for my son, if I need another dish for him.
My boys were okay with it, but it does have a little bit of spice!
I’m excited to try this dish work my family tonight. Thank you for sharing. What would be a good side dish with this? I was thinking garlic bread, but wondered what you made with it ?
I can’t totally remember what I made with it, but I would imagine some kind of bread. Most likely some cauliflower or brocolli as a side (roasted with garlic is the best!)
How many people does this serve?
angela erhard says
Guess I just noticed the price on amazon and thought someone had lost their mind… I just made the dish for tomorrow with the grand kids coming… it is very good and the seasoning makes it pop… I can’t wait to hear the raves..LOL… guess I like to be praised …but love to make things they really enjoy and this one is a winner as tasted it …
I totally understand that – I love for people to rave about my recipes too 🙂 I hope you enjoy it!
angela erhard says
The price of this buffalo/ranch sauce is way too much and there has to be a good substitute for it .. I will for sure come up with something with a better price point.
Have not tried the recipe yet but know that will be something I will change.
Will try it for the grand kids soon… thanks, angela
Hi, Angela! It’s only about $2.50 at Walmart. Definitely expensive if you buy on Amazon! There are some substitutes you can do. I know some people have put in ranch dressing and buffalo sauce. Others have done buffalo sauce with a ranch dressing packet. It’s really up to you! I hope you enjoy it!
Amount of seasoning??
Forrest Clark says
I just did it to taste. Probably 1/2 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Lisa Crosswhite says
Id like to know where you can find Moores buffalo ranch sauce at (?) I tripled this recipe for football potluck and used the Franks wing sauce and packet of ranch dressing mix. It’s heating now w/some rotisserie chicken pieces but it seems awfully strong on the wing sauce ( very orange) Hopefully the pasta will tone it down. May even add some sour cream. Sure the team will enjoy this new twist on their pasta feed night!
Forrest Clark says
I think that is probably normal for the sauce to be a different color since you are using that combo. I’m curious though how it turns out! The alfredo should lighten it up. I hope the team loves it. This is one of our favorites. Here is a list of stores Moore’s is sold at. I have seen it at Walmart and Kroger affiliates. http://mooresmarinade.com/Where-To-Buy.aspx
Can I prepare, cook, then freeze this? Kid in college food
I don’t see why there’d be a problem with this!
I made this tonight and I do NOT cook! It was easy and amazing! Everyone loved it. .thank you so much!
Oh this makes me so happy! So glad you loved it 🙂
I made this yesterday and it was fabulous! We all loved it and know we’ll be having it again, very soon! The only thing was on my part. I read the directions quickly and knew I had everything (or so I thought) on hand so I got all the ingredients out and started in. That is when I noticed it called for Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce and I thought it was just the usual Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce. I didn’t have time to go to the store since the chicken and pasta were already cooking so I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and mixed it with Original Ranch Dressing. It worked but next time I’ll be sure to have the right stuff. As I said, it was a wonderful recipe and we loved it!! Thank you so much!
I’m glad that you were able to improvise and that you liked it!
Hi, I’m confused on the garlic is it garlic cloves, minced garlic, garlic salt. etc and how much to use I don’t cook much so I don’t really know much about cooking and I would really like to try this without messing up.
Hi! Sorry, I’ll clear that up in the recipe 🙂 I used garlic powder!
Renee Parks says
What could we substitute for the creamy buffalo wing sauce if you can’t find it in store?
Hi, there! You could probably just buy any wing sauce – I really like Franks – and add maybe 1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing mix, which is usually on the top shelf near the liquid ranch dressing 🙂