We recently made this slow cooker lamb stew recipe for a Hunger Games party, and it turned out delicious! I had never cooked or eaten lamb before, and it was so tender. The soup had a lot of flavor, and we can’t wait to make it again!
- 2 lb boneless lamb leg, fat removed
- Olive oil
- All-purpose seasoning, I used Goya's Seasoning
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 5 cups of water
- 5-6 diced red potatoes
- 15 mini carrots
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Cover the lamb with olive oil, salt, pepper, and all-purpose seasoning.
- Sear on each side.
- Place the lamb leg and all the other ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 (medium rare. 160 is medium.)
- Remove the leg of lamb and dice into bite sized pieces. Place back in the slow cooker.
- Whisk in corn starch.
- Cook on low for another hour.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.