Is organizing and clean your home better part of your New Year’s resolutions/! Here are some great and affordable Dollar Tree organization and cleaning ideas for the New Year!
I am a self-proclaimed neat freak and I love to be organized.
I have been known to vacuum my house every day and I take great pleasure in making lists for just about everything I need to accomplish.
And luckily, there are so many products out there to help me do all of that!
Now, you could spend lots of money on those items but I’ll let you all in on a little secret!
You can find so many great things at The Dollar Tree that can help you stay organized and help you stay on top of your cleaning duties.
The new year is the perfect time to make new goals and get in the habit of de-junking and cleaning up.
I want to share with you my favorite organization and cleaning products to purchase at The Dollar Tree.
You might find some other great organization tips in our Dollar Tree Travel Hacks post!
Originally posted in January 2017 – updated January 2020.
Dollar Tree Cleaning Supplies
As we all know, there are some real wins and real duds at The Dollar Tree.
A lot of people really rave about buying cleaning supplies there, but not all of them are worth getting.
First of all, if you are buying a name brand product – make sure you look at the price per ounce to make sure it’s actually a good deal as opposed to buying a larger amount at a store like Target or Walmart.
You can sometimes use coupons on these products, so make sure you read our post about Dollar Tree coupons to see if. you can get an even better deal.
I asked in a Dollar Tree Facebook group about what everyone’s favorite products were, and here are the most popular answers:
One person said they like to mix the Totally Awesome cleaning vinegar with a couple of tablespoons of Dawn and water in a spray bottle and use it for everything – including mirrors and not streak cleaning on stainless steel (like refrigerators). I’m super excited to try this myself.
Other favorites included:
- The Home Store Foam Carpet Cleaner
- Green Spic and Span
- Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Fabuloso (a few people mentioned this, though one person said they liked it just for the smell)
- Magic Eraser
- Cleaning tools such as buckets, mops, towels, bar mops
- Ultra Shine Dish Detergent Packs – these are 10 for $1, and a lot of people rave about them. One lady even said after she realized how awesome they were, so bought a ton of them just in case they sold out!
- Comet Cleaner
- Oxy Lemon Sudsy (orange label, short, fat and white container)
- Ammonia for towels
- 50-ounce dish sop
- Pine cleaner
- Sprayable Mr. Clean
And here are a few other cleaning supplies and tools that I like and find to be a good find at the Dollar Tree.
You will find all kinds of air fresheners at The Dollar Tree. Because they are only a dollar- you can stock up and have something for every room in your house. There is something about a fresh smelling room that makes everything seem clean!
4) Dish Soap
7) Brillo pads
10) Dust rags
12) Mop buckets
I love having several buckets around, they come in handy more than you might think!
13) Dish scrubber
15.) Rubber gloves
16.) Microfiber towels
17.) Lysol wipes
Dollar Tree Organization Ideas
And now for the second part of this post – Dollar Tree Organization. There are so many ways to organize your space with Dollar Tree items.
Here are a few tips and tricks I’ve found online.
- Cookie Cooling Tray – hang this on the wall for an easy way to store and display jewelry
- Dollar Tree Apothecary Jar
- Dollar Tree baskets for cutlery organization
- Get some of their plastic bins and some command hooks for easy shower organization ((idea from here – Dollar Tree Bathroom organization)).
- Dollar Tree dish racks for pan organization
- Magazine holder for canned goods – also a great idea for storing paper plates.
- DIY Magnetic Spice Rack
- Lazy susan for fridge or cabinet organization
- Spice Organization
- Pretty Dollar Tree Storage bins
- Baking Sheet Chore chart (this isn’t all Dollar Tree products, but you can easily find some cookie sheets for these at the DT).
- Card game containers
- Great video on how one lady mastered Dollar Tree organization
- Bathroom Drawer Organization
- This post has tons of great Kitchen organization ideas
- Dollar Store Industrial Warehouse storage
- Popsicle Mold Car Organization
- Q-tip case organization
- Pencil Holder Organization
- Lots of Dollar Tree Jar organization ideas
Like I mentioned I love making lists. Nothing will keep you more organized than being able to write down everything you need to do each day! My mom always has several yellow legal pads that she uses to jot down lists for just about everything.
I love having these to help keep cereal and chips and crackers fresh. We often have several boxes of these things open at one time and I love opening my pantry and seeing them safely secured with a clip- it just makes things look more organized!
Dry-erase boards are perfect for keeping track of daily activities, meal planning or for jotting down phone messages or other daily details you don’t want to forget. You can easily attach one of these to your fridge or on your wall. They also sell dry erase markers so be sure to pick up a few of those, too!
Here are some fun ways to use Dry Erase Boards:
- Washi Tape Makeover
- Scripture of the Week
- How to Make a Dry Erase Calendar
- DIY Chore Board
- Dry Erase Menu Board
I often see Rubbermaid brand sold in the store. These can be great for lots of storage in your home, as well as for leftovers or for taking people dinner.
You can read here why I love laundry baskets! They have some nice quality (considering they are just $1) at the Dollar Tree.
A fun gift idea would be to get one of these laundry baskets and stuff it full of Dollar Tree cleaning supplies (which are surprisingly awesome – the Awesome Cleaner is always very highly recommended). Great gift for a college student or newlywed.
Here are some DIYs with Laundry Basket:
They have tons of different kinds of totes, baskets, and tubs that you can use to store toys- big and small in. You can also store your make-up, nail polish, hair gels, or medicine in any of the storage bins they sell.
Many people use these to organize their pantries, bathroom closets, or bathrooms. I think they can make for great ways to separate food and snacks in a pantry.
If you take a lot of vitamins or pills daily, a pill dispenser is a must! These are also great to store medication in if you having an emergency bag that you keep in your car. They can also be a great way to store small cords and headphones.
Paper clips, pens, pencils, sticky pads, tape, glue, paper– you name it, they most likely have it!
What are your favorite Dollar Tree organization and cleaning supplies?
Other Dollar Tree Posts:
- The Best Dollar Tree Home Decor Ideas
- Our Favorite Dollar Tree Stocking Stuffers for All Ages (and Pets!)
- The Best Dollar Tree Baby Shower Ideas
Join our FREE Dollar Tree Group
Download your FREE Dollar Tree secrets eBook and get exclusive tips, giveaways, deals, and more for saving money straight to your email!