Baby showers can be expensive – but they don’t have to be! We love using the Dollar Tree for all sorts of things – including baby showers. Here are some great Dollar Tree Baby Shower ideas that are easy to make!
Dollar Tree Baby Shower
Baby showers are a blast to plan, but the costs can add up quickly!
I have planned many baby showers over the years, and I’ve discovered that as long as the food is yummy and the games are fun, you don’t need to go crazy on expenses.
The Dollar Tree is our favorite destination for all things party related and a baby shower is no exception. Today, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite baby shower products and gift basket ideas that you can grab at your local Dollar Tree!
Dollar Tree Baby Shower Products
So, if you aren’t particularly crafty and just want some pre-made options, the Dollar Tree really has some adorable plates, cups, and decorations for boys and girls that you can buy:
- It’s a Girl Party Plates (they just have girl ones online, but I think I’ve seen boy ones in store)
- It’s a Boy Centerpiece / It’s a Girl Centerpiece
- It’s a Boy Banner / It’s a Girl Banner
- Baby Shower Tissue Garland
- Baby Shower Organza Bags
- Baby Shower Boy Luncheon Napkins
- Plastic Baby Shower Table Decorations
- Baby Shower Party Games
- It’s a Girl Foil Balloon / It’s a Boy Foil Balloon
- Disposable Tableware (in tons of colors and styles)
You can see their entire collection here. In-store may have different or better options!
More Baby Shower Ideas
Here are some other Dollar Tree items you may want to consider. They may not scream baby shower, but they can be used in many of the ideas I’ll share below.
- Colorful Baby Socks (These would be PERFECT for a baby sock garland!)
- Glassware – vases, little jars, etc.
- Plastic Table Cloths
- Tissue Paper
- Rubber Duckies
- Baby Bottles
- Diapers – I’m not convinced of the quality of the Dollar Tree diapers, but they can be great for making diaper cakes, wreaths, and other diaper-centric decorations. Occasionally I will see travel packs of three Huggies or Pampers Diapers at our Dollar Tree, so those are worth looking for as well. Here is our diaper cake tutorial!
Baby Gift Basket:
The Dollar Tree has A LOT of sample-sized products and smaller versions of popular products. These would be perfect for a little gift basket. I would probably avoid bottles and pacifiers, because those can be so specific to a baby (and I’m not entirely confident of the materials the ones I’ve seen at the Dollar Tree are made of!).
- Baby Hangers
- Colorful Baby Socks
- Baby Mittens
- Pamper’s Sensitive Wipes (18 count)
- Infant Booties
- Elmo Brush and Comb Set
- Sesame Street Bath Books
- Sesame Street Baby Bath Pack – 4 Pack
- Bath Puppets
- Baby Themed Giant Gift Sack
- Sesame Street Teethers and Rattles
- Corn Starch Baby Powder
- Scented Baby Wipes (72 count)
- Baby Bath
- Baby Lotion
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Oil
- Bottle Brush
Dollar Tree Game Prizes and Guest Gifts
The Dollar Tree is the best place to get prizes and guest gifts. A few ideas might include:
- Candy bars
- Kitchen supplies
- Home decor
- Bath salts
- Beauty basket
- Movie night basket
For more inexpensive prize ideas, click here – 25+ Inexpensive Dollar Tree Baby Shower Prizes.
DIY Dollar Store Baby Shower Ideas
And now it’s time for some ideas from other people. There are so many creative ideas!
We hope that this makes your baby shower planning a little more affordable and fun. Let us know what you used from the Dollar Tree for a baby shower!
OTHER BABY SHOWER IDEAS YOU MAY ENJOY:
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.