Ever wonder if your local Dollar Store has cleaning supplies that actually work?! Wonder no longer – we have a list of the BEST cleaning products at The Dollar Tree!
Cheap Cleaning Supplies That Actually Work
The Dollar Tree is our go-to shopping place for just about everything – including cleaning supplies. If you don’t have a local Dollar Tree, you can most likely find the same or similar items at Dollar General, Five Below, or Family Dollar.
I think some people hear “Dollar Tree” and “Cleaning” and can’t imagine actually getting a product there that cleans well.
But I’m here to tell you – it is actually home to some of the BEST cleaning supplies around. You can get name-brand items for the best deal at a fraction of the cost you would from big-box stores.
Not only do they have a lot of name brands (that you can even use coupons on – make sure you read our Dollar Tree couponing tips), but they have some cleaning products that are unique to The Dollar Tree and people around the country RAVE about them. From dish soaps and laundry detergent to microfiber cloths and white vinegar, you really can’t go wrong – you’re getting a great deal, awesome cleaner, and better savings.
So without further adieu – here are some of the best Dollar Tree cleaning supplies around. Be sure to comment below if your favorite made the list!
Best Dollar Tree Cleaning Products
As we all know, there are some real wins and real duds at The Dollar Tree.
A lot of people really rave about buying cleaning supplies there, but not all of them are worth getting. Some have toxic chemicals and some cleaning brushes aren’t built to last. However, a lot of the cleaning products are well worth your time and money.
First of all, if you are buying a name brand product – make sure you look at the price per ounce to make sure it’s actually a good deal as opposed to buying a larger amount at a store like Target or Walmart.
You can sometimes use coupons on these products, so make sure you read our post about Dollar Tree coupons to see if you can get an even better deal.
I asked in a Dollar Tree Facebook group about what everyone’s favorite products were, and here are the most popular answers:
- Pretty much the entire LA Totally Awesome line. EVERYONE raves about the Awesome All-Purpose Spray, but others said they pretty much love it all.
- One person said they like to mix the Totally Awesome cleaning vinegar with a couple of tablespoons of Dawn and water in a spray bottle and use it for everything – including mirrors and not streak cleaning on stainless steel (like refrigerators). I’m super excited to try this myself.
Other favorites included:
- The Home Store Foam Carpet Cleaner
- Green Spic and Span
- Lysol Bottles of Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Fabuloso (a few people mentioned this, though one person said they liked it just for the smell)
- Magic Eraser
- Ultra Shine Dish Detergent Packs – these are 10 for $1, and a lot of people rave about them. One lady even said after she realized how awesome they were, so bought a ton of them just in case they sold out!
- Comet Cleaner
- Oxy Lemon Sudsy (orange label, short, fat and white container)
- Ammonia for towels
- 50-ounce dish soap
- Pine cleaner
- Sprayable Mr. Clean
- Dollar Tree Cleaning Vinegar
Best Dollar Tree Cleaning Supplies and Tools
And here are a few other cleaning supplies and tools that I like and find to be a good find at the Dollar Tree.
- Air Fresheners – You will find all kinds of air fresheners at The Dollar Tree. Because they are only a dollar- you can stock up and have something for every room in your house. There is something about a fresh smelling room that makes everything seem clean!
- Toilet bowl brushes
- Anti-bacterial wet wipes
- Carpet cleaner
- Brillo pads
- Dust rags
- Microfiber towels
- Mop buckets
- Dish scrubber
- Rubber gloves – These might be one of my favorites! They are super thick and great quality!
- Lysol wipe
- Bar Mops
- Empty spray bottles
- Steel scrubbers
- Dishwashing liquid
- Shower cleaner
- Dryer sheets
- All-purpose cleaner
- Scrub brushes
- Cleaning bucket
- Reusable spray bottles
- Carpet powder
Caddy Carriers for Dollar Store Cleaning Supplies
I believe it’s important to keep your cleaning supplies organized and easily accessible, and a cleaning caddy is one of the best ways to do that. They provide good value for your home!
Dollar Tree has several different options that you could consider using:
- 3 Compartment Plastic Caddy
- Laser Cut Plastic Bins
- Plastic Craft Caddies (nice for smaller cleaning supplies/tools)
- Square Plastic Basket with Handles
- Plastic Oval Carry Totes
- Rectangular Slotted Plastic Crates
- Tall Rectangular Slotted Plastic Baskets
- Large Round Baskets with Handles
- Daisy Stackable Printed Baskets
Other Dollar Tree Posts:
- The Best Dollar Tree Home Decor Ideas
- Our Favorite Dollar Tree Stocking Stuffers for All Ages (and Pets!)
- 70+ Dollar Tree DIY and Craft Ideas
- The Best Dollar Tree Cleaning and Organization Ideas and Products
- The Best Things to Buy at the Dollar Tree (and the Worst)
- 30+ DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Decor, Crafts and More
- 30+ Dollar Tree Cruise Prep Items You Won’t Want to Forget
- Dollar Store Wedding Ideas: What to Buy to Stay Under Budget!
- The Best Dollar Tree Baby Shower Ideas
- 80+ Dollar Tree Cricut Projects
- Best Dollar Store Products to Use for Cricut Projects
Cindy Maudsley lives in Utah with her husband and five children. Aside from writing, her passions include her family, faith, and spreading infertility awareness. She also loves a good book or podcast, true crime documentaries , Netflix binge, diet Coke and Target run
Cindy Payton says
They also have the more expensive brands sometimes, in a smaller quantity or size. Which really works sometimes. Love the large and XXL ziploc style bags. I’m talking over gallon to 2-3 gallon sizes. They work for a lot of different tasks or items. Food storage containers (tupperware style) are good to get. Socks, sunglasses, and reading glasses (since I loose them so much), at $1.00 each works really well.
All of their Awesome cleaners work great!
Hey – I’m new to all of this. I really thought that the dollar tree stuff would be inferior stuff. I’m going to go check out some of the stuff that you recommend. Please send me any of your thoughts on organization ideas. Thanks for your help. Bye-for-now.
I love their little baskets for organizing and I have compared pricing on these items. Just be aware, some of the dollar store items can be found in Walmart for just under a dollar as well.
I also like Dollar tree for certain things that are too expensive in regular stores. You can’t beat the selection during holidays. I’m going to try there cleaning products. Thanks for your help.
Mops only lasted me for 2 weeks. I have 7 cats & 3 dogs & a husband that made a mess in his clothes so I had to mop a lot & I went threw 4 mops in a month, glue didn’t hold.
I love the gain dryer sheets and the hardware section is nice too they have a set of screwdrivers, hammers even a tool box I’m a regular shopper and I can say that when I go I leave with pretty good stuff
I agree, the quality of the products is usually just as good than more expensive brands!
Chelsea @ Life With My Littles says
So your first paragraph basically describes me, too! I love this post! I didn’t realize there were so many great cleaning supplies there! I have used Dollar Tree bins for organizing my kids’ closets when they were babies, and now I am using them in our baby’s closet! They are amazing!
Cindy Maudsley says
Ha! I love it! I’m overall really impressed with most of the quality of the products too so that is a plus!