Baby Shower Food Idea
Since the baby shower was at 10:00 AM, it was the perfect addition to our little brunch fest. We had originally planned to put ham in this casserole, but forgot in the end, but that’s okay. Sausage is way better, and I don’t even like ham 😉 So we just pretended like there was ham, and it was almost all gone by the time the shower was over.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This casserole is made quite often — Father’s Day, Easter, Christmas…you get the idea, basically perfect for holidays when you don’t want to get up early to cook (or any time really!) You have to make it the night before, but it’s perfect to just throw in the oven the morning you want to use it, and it’s just so darn tasty. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. The best part of it is, it is so, so easy.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 cups frozen, shredded hash browns
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups Kraft Natural's Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Fry sausage in a large pan until cooked. Move to paper towel to drain excess grease, and in same pan, saute ½ cup onion and ½ cup green pepper until soft.
- Mix sausage, onion, green pepper, and hash browns together and spread evenly into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle two cups grated cheese over the top.
- In separate bowl, whip eight large eggs, and 1 and ¼ cup milk, salt and pepper together, and pour over hash brown mixture.
- Put in fridge overnight or for at least two hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until eggs are set
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.