CREATE ROOM FOURTH OF JULY SALE – USE THE CODE CLARKS to SAVE UP TO $900 6/30-7/11
- Up to $900 savings!
- $200 off DreamBox
- $100 off pre-built
- $350 off combined Side-kick options w/DreamBox – $50 off Cubby, $100 off Dream Cart, $100 off both Side Tables, Sew Station $150 off
- $10 off power up, Plastic notions $10, $25 off Wallpaper, white magnetic board $15, planner $25 off.
- FREE Gift ($115 value) for first 145 orders: Tote Lids, Crafter’s Caddy, Cutting Mat AND 1-3 week shipping times!
The Dollar Tree is the perfect place to buy craft supplies! They have so much to choose from- and a lot of it is just as good as the expensive stuff! Keep reading to learn what craft supplies you should buy at the Dollar Tree!
Any crafter knows that it is so easy to spend a lot of money on crafting supplies. Have you heard the joke that crafters have two hobbies- crafting and buying craft supplies?
Well, it’s true!
I personally love to have a large stockpile of items that I can use at moment’s notice. But it can add up quickly- which is why I love buying my craft supplies at the Dollar Tree.
If you have ever taken a look at their craft section you probably know they have an impressive selection. And for the most part- it’s pretty high quality and just as good as the stuff you’d buy at the high-end craft stores.
Many Dollar Tree stores have incorporated “Crafter’s Square” which is basically a crafting heaven. Everytime I stop in, I’m always impressed with what my store has. I’ve even heard that some stores have some Cricut knock-offs, which I can’t wait to get my hands-on (you know how much we love Dollar Tree Cricut Projects around here!)
With that said, not everything is worth buying! I’ve rounded up THE best craft supplies as well as the ones to skip- so you don’t have to. These are supplies we personally love to buy, along with ones that have the top ratings on DollarTree.com. Happy Crafting!
The Best Dollar Tree Craft Supplies
They have paint of all types and from well-known brands. We love stocking up on paint whenever we go in – the chalkboard paint is especially fun!
I don’t know about you, but I feel like I never have enough paint brushes, especially foam brushes. I find the quality to be great, especially when you consider what you are paying!
- Square Brush Sets
- Tool Bench Pain Brush with Wooden Handle
- Artist Brushes
- Tool Bench Angled Brush with Wooden Handle
- Square Intricate Brush Set
- Foam Brushes
- Square Delicate Pain Brush Set
- Square Plastic Paint Palettes
- Pencil and Brush Organizer
- Squeeze Applicator Bottle
- Hardware Painting Set
- Plastic Drop Cloths
This is my absolute FAVORITE section at the Dollar Tree – the wooden craft section. This is seriously a goldmine for kid crafts, gifts, and more.
- Wooden DIY Plaques
- Wooden Box Drawers
- Wooden Wipe Off Boards
- Wooden Kids Painting Sets
- Wooden Square Crosses
- Wooden World Decorations
- Wooden Toy Cars
- Wooden Gift Boxes
- Wooden Chalk Boards
- Wooden Animals
- Decorative Bird House
- Large Wooden Shapes
- Craft Wood Cube
I couldn’t believe it when I first saw the Canvas’ at the Dollar Tree. We use these all the time!
- Woodwork Glue
- White Glue
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Craft Adhesive Glue
- Goo Gone
- Colored Glue
- Crayola Washable Colored Glue
- Mini Glitter Hot Glue Sticks
They have a lot of different kinds of yarn, and they are very plentiful in the amount that you get!
They have wire and foam forms, and they are great for making fun and easy wreaths. Here is a Halloween wreath we did a few years ago.
Items to skip
These crafting items have 2 or fewer star reviews on Dollar Tree’s website, which means they probably don’t hold up or perform as well.
- Metal Brush Paint Set
- Tool Bench Metal Handle Paint Brush
- Square Brushes with Wooden Handles
- Decorative Wooden Wind Chimes
- Playskool Washable Glue Stick
- Clear Craft Glue
- Adhesive Spray Glue
- Bright Oil Pastels
- Poster Paints
- Pearl Glass Beads
- Brass Ring Set
More Dollar Tree Posts You May Enjoy:
- 30+ Dollar Tree Cruise Prep Items You Won’t Want to Forget
- The Best Dollar Tree Travel Hacks, Products, and Tips (2021)
- Dollar Tree Balloon Arch DIY Tutorial
- 20+ Dollar Tree Organization Ideas and Tools
- 80+ Dollar Tree Cricut Project Ideas and Inspiration
- Dollar Tree Birthday Ideas
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.