Owning a puppy can be lots of fun, but it also comes with a lot of responsibility. That’s why more and more pet owners are turning to online puppy schools to help them train their furry friends. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at one such online puppy school called Bella & Baxter, share our experience and we’ll also share a coupon code for 25% off your tuition! So read on to learn more about this affordable and convenient option for training your pup.
Bringing a new puppy into your home is an exciting time, but it can also be a lot of work.
It’s important to start training your new pup as early as possible so that they grow up to be well-behaved members of the family. But where do you start?
BAXTER & Bella Online Puppy School is the perfect place to begin your training. With their program, you’ll have access to all the resources you need to create a foundation for obedience and good behavior. Plus, our readers can get 25% off their enrollment with coupon code “CLARKS25”.
- My Experience with BAXTER & Bella
- What is BAXTER & Bella?
- What is their training philosophy?
- What Does the Program Include?
- Who is Bella & Baxter best for?
- What dogs are best suited for Bella & Baxter?
- How Much Does BAXTER & Bella Cost?
- Baxter & Bella Coupon Code
- What is Included with Bella & Baxter?
- Who shouldn’t get Bella & Baxter?
- Pros and Cons of Bella & Baxter
- Alternatives to Bella & Baxter
- Bottom Line
- More Reviews You May Enjoy:
My Experience with BAXTER & Bella
We have had quite the experience with dogs over the past few years. In the end, we decided that fostering and dog sitting dogs was the best option for us until the right dog came around – which happened recently.
We adopted our foster dog, Rocky, who is an adorable Cockalier (Cocker Spaniel + Cavalier King Charles). With all the dogs we’ve had in our home, we’ve turned to Bella & is Baxter over and over again to help with mild (and not so mild) issues).
After adopting Rocky, we went to an in-person trainer – who was very helpful for leash training and a few other things. But in the end, much of what she taught us is exactly what is outlined in the Bella & Baxter training. I actually found some of their leash training to be more impactful and helpful than what we learned from our in person sessions!
I really love how detailed everything is, and it how it gives you different steps for each skill you are learning. I have also taken advantage of some of their one-on-one calls and video sessions, which I found to be really helpful.
Although it’s definitely designed toward bringing home a new puppy, ANY new pet owner who is wanting to help develop their dog’s skills, learn some fun games, and do self-guided training can benefit from it. Our Cockalier is four-years-old, and while we can skip some stages of the training,
What is BAXTER & Bella?
BAXTER & Bella is an online puppy school and training program created by the Jensens. Amy Jensen is the owner and creator and is a professional dog trainer. The program is designed to help new dog owners with everything they need to know in order to train their new puppy effectively.
What is their training philosophy?
You can learn more about that here, but they are big on force-free, positive reinforcement. It’s important to pick a training program that works well with your own philosophies, as well as with your type of dog.
What Does the Program Include?
The Bella & Baxter program includes a wealth of information, resources, and tools that can help you train your puppy effectively. The program is divided into five modules, which include the following topics:
Each module includes a variety of training videos, articles, worksheets, and audio files that will help you to understand and train your puppy effectively. In addition, the program also includes a private Facebook group where you can connect with other dog owners and trainers for support and advice.
Who is Bella & Baxter best for?
The Bella & Baxter program is best for new dog owners who want to learn how to train their puppy/dog effectively. The program is designed to be easy to follow and covers all the basics of puppy training. In addition, the program also includes a variety of resources, tools, and support that can help you to continue training your puppy once the program is finished.
What dogs are best suited for Bella & Baxter?
Any dog breed can participate in the Bella & Baxter program! They do seem to have a lot of
Doodle breeds, but we’ve used this with lots of different breeds.
If you have a dog that is known for being harder to train, though, I would definitely consider more in person training.
How Much Does BAXTER & Bella Cost?
BAXTER & Bella costs $267, which is a lifetime fee. This may seem like a steep cost, but it literally includes EVERYTHING you need to be successful with training your puppy – including personalized help and support.
Depending on where you live, private training sessions (even done virtually) can cost anywhere from $50 to $100+.
As I already mentioned, I have used this over and over again with multiple dogs, and it has more than paid for itself.
Baxter & Bella Coupon Code
If $267 seems a bit steep to you, you can use CLARKS25 for 25% Off, making the lifetime membership $200.25.
What is Included with Bella & Baxter?
The Bella & Baxter program costs $147 and includes lifetime access to the program materials, a private Facebook group, and support from Brenda Aloff and Andrea Arden.
The Bella & Baxter program is a great value for the price, as it includes a wealth of information, resources, and tools that can help you train your puppy effectively.
Who shouldn’t get Bella & Baxter?
The BAXTER & Bella Program definitely isn’t lacking. Here’s everything that is included:
- Step-by-Step Training covering:
- 75 Lessons which include video examples, text, and more
- Virtual training classes
- Games and activities
- Socialization Ideas
- Printable Charts
- Unlimited live one-on-one video sessions with dog training professionals
- Unlimited one-on-one phont calls
- Group Q&As on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Classes on various topics
- Specific training classes, including:
- Puppy Course
- 6 week Games & Activities Course
- 6 week Intermediate Course
- 6 week AKC Canine Good Citizen Prep Course
- Ask the trainer center
- Puppy Parnet Forum
- Resource library
- And more!
Pros and Cons of Bella & Baxter
- The Bella & Baxter program is a great value for the price, as it includes a wealth of information, resources, and tools that can help you train your puppy effectively.
- They include live and recorded classes that you can watch and attend
- Included with the program is the ability to schedule a private, virtual training session, which is super awesome. You can also
- There is a great Bella & Baxter community tha
- The program is easy-to-follow and covers all the basics of puppy training. Plus, the program also includes a private Facebook group where you can connect with other dog owners and trainers for support and advice.
- It can feel REALLY overwhelming when you first look at the program. Although it’s very clearly divided into different stages, if you are just bringing home a brand new puppy, even the first stage may seem overwhelming. My suggestion is to take the first week very slowly, do very little training (beyond maybe crate/potty training and some games) and then start on the real training later on.
- Very treat-based. I think that treats can be very helpful for training dogs, though some people don’t like that. They do provide steps for removing the “lure” though, which is great.
- The program may not be suitable for dogs who have already been trained or for dogs with serious behavior problems.
- New dog owners who are not willing to put in the time and effort to train their puppy may not find the Bella & Baxter program to be a good fit.
- Dogs who clearly need socialization from in person, group classes may benefit from something that isn’t at home
Alternatives to Bella & Baxter
If you are not interested in the BAXTER & Bella program, there are a number of other options available for training your puppy. Some good alternatives include:
- Puppy Kindergarten classes at your local pet store or obedience school
- Dog Obedience classes
- Training books or online programs like The Well-Mannered Dog, Dog Gone Good, or Positive Perspectives Dog Training
- Private sessions with a qualified dog trainer.
- Other Online Dog Training Programs:
- SIRIUS Dog Training
- Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution
- Puppy Trained Right
Overall, I was impressed with the Bella & Baxter online puppy training program. The program is easy-to-follow and covers all the basics of puppy training. In addition, the program also includes a variety of resources, tools, and support that can help you to continue training your puppy once the program is finished.
The program is best for new dog owners who want to learn how to train their puppy effectively, but may not be suitable for dogs who have already been trained or for dogs with serious behavior problems. The Bella & Baxter program is a great value for the price, and I think it’s perfect for people who want to take training into their own hands!
More Reviews You May Enjoy:
- Clean Simple Eats Review + Coupon: I’ve Tried Everything (Well, Almost) – 2022
- Flock Homes Review: Our Complete Experience (2022)
- The Ultimate Create Room DreamBox Review + Coupon 2022
- Force of Nature Cleaner Review and Coupon (2022)
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.