A yogurt bar is the perfect idea for baby showers, bridal showers, and everything in between! In this post, we share everything you need to know to have a successful one!
Yogurt Parfait Bar Ideas
I’ve been to a lot baby showers and wedding shows over the years.
And over the past few years, I’ve hosted quite a few myself.
The one thing I’ve discovered is the importance of having easy to prepare and easy to eat food. I feel like this is the key to a stress-free baby shower.
Of course, there may be people who have more energy and time than myself to make a huge feast, but honestly, I think simple foods that people can enjoy while they visit is key.
One of my favorite things we’ve done at baby showers recently is a yogurt bar. My mom suggested this for one we threw last July, and it was a huge hit! And I just helped with a baby shower this month where we had it again.
Setup and materials
The setup and materials that you need for the yogurt bar are pretty simple.
You will need:
- Cups or bowls. I like the little plastic luncheon cups that you can buy at the store for pretty inexpensive – it makes for a pretty little parfait. However, you could just have paper or plastic bowls. If you want something a little fancier, you could get glass or plastic glasses/flutes (the Dollar Tree would be a great place for these). Mason jars are another fun option.
- Another fun option would be frozen yogurt cups.
- Bowls for all the yogurt and toppings. If you can get a container that can be kept cool, that will be your best bet. My mom has Pampered Chef Cool and Serve trays that worked beautifully for the most recent shower – I found some similar options on Amazon.
Types of Yogurt
I think it’s good to have a couple of different types of yogurts.
For about 20 people, we just got two large containers of Yoplait yogurt, and that seemed to be perfect. People went for the vanilla yogurt first, so I would make sure to have at least one container of that.
Some people prefer Greek Yogurt, so if you want a container of that, feel free. However, there are a lot of people who can’t stand the taste of it, so I would make sure you have a non-Greek Yogurt flavor as well.
The sky is really the limit here. I would suggest keeping almonds separate from the fruit just in case someone is allergic. Here are a few toppings that are usually pretty popular.
- Slivered Almonds
- Crushed grahama crackers crumbs
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Whipped cream
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Caramel sauce
While you could just do a very big yogurt bar with lots of toppings, I think it’s good to have another couple of foods to complement the yogurt. It makes it easier to not have to buy tons of extra toppings since people will be filling up on a variety of foods.
Still, you can keep it simple. Yogurt bars are perfect for brunch-hour, so foods that go along that line are excellent:
- Muffins – mini muffins seem to be the best option. Just easier to eat and not quite as hearty.
- Quiche – large or mini. I love mini quiche that you can buy at the store, but you can definitely make them yourself. There is a spinach and mushroom quiche we love from Joanna Gaines’ Cookbook.
- Sandwiches – chicken salad, those delicious Hawaiian slider sandwiches that are super popular (Chelsea’s Messy Apron has lots of fun variations on this).
- Breakfast casserole – we have served this sausage breakfast casserole at lots of showers, and it’s always a huge hit!
- We had something similar to this at a baby shower I went to a few years ago. I loved them so much, I made my own version – Easy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Crescent Roll Sandwich.
- Mini egg muffins
- Grits muffins
Just keep in mind that if you aren’t having anything but the yogurt bar, you will probably need more yogurt and toppings so people can get full.
I made a free printable for you to use at your next yogurt bar. It’s pretty simple and may not go perfectly with your color scheme…but you are welcome to download it below!
Other Baby Shower Inspiration:
- Jungle Themed Baby Shower: Free Printable Games, Invitations, and Decor
- The Best Dollar Tree Baby Shower Ideas
- Diaper Raffle Printables
- How to Make a Diaper Cake: An Easy Baby Shower Gift/Decoration
- Laundry and Freezer Meal Party Ideas: Baby Shower Alternative
- DIY Baby Shower Banner
- Dr. Seuss Baby Shower
- 27 Mother Recommended Baby Shower Gifts