CREATE ROOM FOURTH OF JULY SALE – USE THE CODE CLARKS to SAVE UP TO $900 6/30-7/11
- Up to $900 savings!
- $200 off DreamBox
- $100 off pre-built
- $350 off combined Side-kick options w/DreamBox – $50 off Cubby, $100 off Dream Cart, $100 off both Side Tables, Sew Station $150 off
- $10 off power up, Plastic notions $10, $25 off Wallpaper, white magnetic board $15, planner $25 off.
- FREE Gift ($115 value) for first 145 orders: Tote Lids, Crafter’s Caddy, Cutting Mat AND 1-3 week shipping times!
UNIQUE BABY Shower Gifts
The 11 billion dollar global baby product industry is so massive that many of the best products don’t become a recognizable household name like the infamous Wubbanub pacifier, GRACO car seats, and Boppy nursing pillows.
Although these brands are fabulous too, there are five baby items in particular that fly under the radar but are worth mentioning… every mom should know about these and all make great baby gifts too.
Here are my top 5 Under the Radar Baby Products All Moms Should Know About.
#1 Educational Eddie Rattle by People Toy Company
In Japan this is the best-selling teethers and developmental toys. I can still remember hearing about it at one of the many baby shows I attended while pregnant.
The booth attendant was dressed up like the rattle, and at the time, I thought it was a clove of garlic on his head. I now know it’s a nipple.
I was told that one in 10 babies in Japan use this rattle and it’s a cult favorite amongst moms.
In Japan, it’s known as “Lickable Taro” but it goes by the “Eddie Rattle” in the states. This developmental toy is very unique by design and is part of People Toy Company’s Brain Builders collection – “a series of toys specifically tailored to unlock your infant’s cognitive skills at every key milestone within the first year of life through fun, interactive and connected play.”
Designed with features that promote key baby milestone development, People Toy Company incorporated features that babies are attracted to in real life, such as the nipple shaped head, and this is why once baby has this toy, other toys are quickly forgotten.
Perfectly sized for your child to grip and hold on its own, the multi-sense rattle has a variety of fun shapes and textures to satisfy baby’s developmental needs:
- Shaped-like-mom hat – a favorite feature among infants. Eddie Rattle has gotten the nickname, “Mr. Nipple Head.”
- Safe and chewy hands – soothes sore gums.
- Fun chewable ropes.
- Swiveling and hinged limbs – fun for babies to move and find their favorite teething spots.
- Multi-colored for visual stimulation.
- Rattles to stimulate baby’s hearing. No batteries required!
This rattle toy is perfect for on the go too – if my baby got fussy, I would have the Eddie Rattle to save the day. My son always started to cry loudly when the shopping cart (aka the stroller where I would fit as many groceries as possible in the bottom), stopped and I was checking out in line. The Eddie Rattle worked every time to keep my baby calm until I could finish and attend to him.
Also, check out this youtube video from a mom in Japan with a similar Eddie Rattle experience. No wonder everyone loves this toy. We have gotten so many rattles over the years and our son loses interest quickly but this has been a keeper so I now give it as a baby shower gift to all my closest friends.
Where to Buy Before it Sells Out: Amazon
#2 ScruBEE by Big Bee Little Bee
When washing my son with regular washcloths, I noticed he got dry patches on the upper thighs and back of his arms (and eventually on his face cheeks too) so I made a few changes that instantly helped his skin:
- First, I switched to a gentle baby bath wash called Shampoo + Body Wash by The Honest Company.
- I also learned that cotton washcloths (unless they are organic cotton) have chemicals that are harsh on a baby’s sensitive skin so I bought some Bamboo washcloths for babies from Juddlies to clean my son’s private areas and face.
- Lastly, I used the ScruBEE from Big Bee Little Bee to clean the rest of his body.
We saw an immediate change in his dry skin!
I have to share more about the ScruBEE – it’s so clever. This award-winning silicone scrubber is a great way to massage and clean baby, and now that my son is older, he uses it to wash himself. We use it in the tub and it’s great for handwashing in the sink too.
- Super-soft bristles allow for gentle scrubbing
- Textured handle provides a comfortable grip for little ones
- Solid core won’t trap yucky stuff
- 100% silicone makes it safe and hygienic
- Free of BPA, Phthalates, PVC and Lead
- Top rack dishwasher safe.
What I really love about this product is there is no MOLD build up inside.
#3 Pello Floor Pillow
I have used the Pello floor pillow for kids for three years every single day. It’s AH-MAY-ZING.
This luxe floor pillow grows with your baby:
- perfect for babies to have a warm, safe, and clean spot to lay anywhere in the house or on the go (lightweight and easy to carry),
- awesome cuddle time reading pillow for toddlers,
- and big kids can use for homework, watching movies comfortably on the floor, sleepovers, and much more.
- Onc thing I loved was placing my baby on the Pello when I needed both hands. I knew my baby would be safe in the Pello near me while I finish what I was doing – folding clothes, dishes, etc.
- Another cool feature is that it helps promote tummy-time for babies – the donut-shaped indent gives babies a more comfortable tummy-time space.
- Machine-washable and very high quality –this floor pillow lasts forever and can be passed down generations.
#4 Grow with Me Baby Swaddle by Woombie
Woombie has the best baby swaddles invented by a mom of five and nurse, Karen Barski. My son slept all night in his Woombie, and I had peace of mind knowing it would not unravel and cover his face like traditional swaddle blankets can do.
I remember having to buy new swaddles often since my son grew so fast so when I heard about Woombie’s newest Grow with Me Swaddle invention I was super excited.
This is a 5-in-1 baby swaddle + wearable blanket that grows with baby from birth to 18 months! It’s best to buy two just in case one gets wet or messy but to only need to buy two swaddles for almost the first two years is simply amazing. This saves parents who buy swaddles over $200.
Stage 1: SWADDLE
- 0-3 months, 5-13 lbs
- For babies up to 22 inches long
- Fully Zipped
Stage 2: SWADDLE
- 2-4 months, 12-16 lbs
- For Babies 22+ inches long
- Unzip 2/3 way to opposite bottom
Stage 3: EXPANDED SWADDLE
- 3-6 months, 14-19 lbs
- Fully unzipped/arms in
Stage 4: WEARABLE BLANKET
- 6-9 months, 20-25 lbs
- For babies 24+ inches long
- Fully unzipped/arms out
Stage 5: XL WEARABLE BLANKET
- 9-18 months, 20-28 lbs
- For Babies 27 inch to 33 inches long
- BONUS Length Fully Unzipped
#5 Ritzy Sitzy High Chair / Shopping Cart Cover by Itzy Ritzy
I constantly get compliments on this cover while grocery shopping or in restaurants. It truly helps keep babies and toddlers away from germs.
Shopping carts and high chairs are among the dirtiest public items baby (AND mom!) touch. I cringe when a restaurant brings a dirty or sticky high-chair so having this cover puts my mind at ease knowing there is a barrier.
- Comfortable, clean, stylish and padded for ultimate comfort with a safety belt.
- 100-percent cotton cover is reversible to extend product life.
- 2 toy loops and 2 pockets included to stow keys and a cell phone and keep toys from endlessly dropping to the ground.
- Machine washable + line drying for easy cleaning.
Where to Buy Before it Sells Out: Amazon or itzyritzy.com
I love to support small businesses that have big products ideas. What are your favorite baby products that you think every parent should know about?