Getting a Cricut machine can feel like learning a new language – trust us, we’ve been there. However, there’s no need to struggle through the learning when there are a variety of online Cricut workshops and classes designed to help people just like you! We’ve put together a list of our favorite resources in a variety of price ranges to help you make the best vhoice!
☑️ In a hurry? Our #1 choice for online Cricut Courses is Cricut Made Easy from Sweet Red Poppy
- Online Cricut Beginner Class Comparison
- Best Overall – Cricut Made Easy by Sweet Red Poppy
- Most Affordable – The Best Vinyl Cutters
- Best Community – Makers Gonna Make
- Most Options for Every Level – Maker Academy by Jennifer Maker
- Best Free Option – Official Cricut Courses
- Cricutting Starter Kit
- Why should I buy a Cricut Course?
- Where can I find a Cricut training courses near me?
- Online versus In Person Learning
- Which Course is Right For You?
- You might enjoy these other Cricut posts
However, there is a learning curve to it. It took me a little while to get used to using mine and learning the ins and outs of the machine. I got a little frustrated at times but that is because I was trying to figure it out all on my own- which made the process longer.
There are so many resources out there to help and I wish I knew that then. But I’m here to help set you up for success when it comes to using your Cricut by sharing some of the top Cricut Courses that you can purchase to help you learn everything you need to know.
Online Cricut Beginner Class Comparison
Here is just a quick comparison of some of these courses. If you are on a mobile device, you will need to scroll horizontally in order to see everything.
|TOP CHOICE: Cricut Made Easy||Cricut Maker Class||Cricut Explore Air 2 Class||Master Your Cricut||VIP All-Access Pass|
|Price||$229 ($179 with code SAVE50)||$47-75||$25-59||$97||$67|
|Projects||16||Within modules||Within modules||A couple||Yes|
|Various Machines||Yes, all 5 covered||Just Maker||Just Explore AIr 2||General advice||Yes|
|Design Space Instruction||Yes||With top two tiers||With top tiers||Yes||Yes|
|Member Community||Yes, Facebook||No||No||No||Yes|
|BUY NOW||CLICK TO ENROLL||CLICK TO ENROLL||CLICK TO ENROLL||CLICK TO ENROLL||CLICK TO ENROLL|
Best Overall – Cricut Made Easy by Sweet Red Poppy
Cricut Made Easy was created by Kimberly from Sweet Red Poppy who is on a mission to help others love their Cricut machines, have fun using them, and is passionate about creating a space where people can feel comfortable learning!
In this course you will find the following:
- 19 Video Modules(Chapters)
- 50+ Step-by-Step Video Tutorials
- 30+ Cricut Cheat Sheet Printables
- 160+ Page E-Book “Maker’s Guide to Cricut”
- All 3 Cricut Machines Covered (Maker/Joy/Explore family)
- 16 Different Projects with Printable Guides
- 80+ High-Quality SVG Files
- Print then Cut Sticker Files
- Design Space Glossary
- Exclusive Facebook Support Group
- Tips and Tricks from the Expert!
Each Module includes multiple videos and printables- and some have a project or even two! There is so much content!
- Welcome Module: Tips for Success
- Module 1: Unboxing & Connecting Your Cricut Machine
- Module 2: Cricut Mats Demystified
- Module 3: Get to Know Your Cricut Tools
- Module 4: Dominate Design Space Like a Pro
- Module 5: Intro to Paper & Cardstock + Flower Bouquet Project
- Module 6: Vinyl
- Module 7: Iron-On
- Module 8: Infusible Ink
- Module 9: Cricut Pens
- Module 10: Print Then Cut
- Module 11: Deep Point Blade
- Module 12: Knife Blade
- Module 13: Fabric (Rotary & Bonded-Fabric Point Blades)
- Module 14: Engraving
- Module 15: Foil Transfer Kit
- Module 16: Maker Quick-Swap Tool
- Bonus #1 – Module 17: Cricut Joy Cards
- Bonus #2 – Module 18: Cricut Joy Large Scale Projects
- Bonus #3 – Module 19: Organizing Your Cricut Craft Room
How to enroll
You can find this course by visiting the Sweet Red Poppy website by clicking here
There are limited spots open so make sure you don’t wait.
You can purchase the Cricut Made Easy course for $179 when you use code SAVE50. They also offer payment plans.
- Two payments of $99
- Three payments of $70
They also offer a 30 day money back guarantee!
Why you should buy this course:
- The course starts immediately and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish. You can pause, restart or redo modules whenever you want. Enroll now to secure your spot.
- They have an exclusive Facebook group just for Cricut® Made Easy students. It’s completely optional but it’s a great place to ask questions, get access to the expert, and make friends across the globe while sharing your questions, your wins, and your makes!
- It’s for people of all skill levels. It covers projects at all skill levels and whether you craft daily or monthly, they have course material just for you!
- Lifetime access to the course
- It is compatible for Cricut Maker, Cricut Joy, and the Cricut Explore Air family
Most Affordable – The Best Vinyl Cutters
The Best Vinyl Cutters offer a variety of Cricut courses in the lower to mid-range price range. They don’t skimp on quality, though, and they are really great quality.
The courses come with some fun extras, and it seems to get rave reviews. Here are the four different course offerings that are available:
- Cricut Design Space Mastery (for desktop) -$35
- Cricut Maker Beginner Course – $47
- Cricut Maker Mini Course – $7
- Cricut Explore Air 2 Course – $25-59
This will depend on what course you buy! However, if we are focusing on the Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 courses, they include several modules about how to setup your machine and various techniques and projects.
There are different tiers for each course, and the middle tier seems to be the best value in my opinion. It includes the Design Space course as well, which really rounds out the education you will receive.
All tiers include 20 SVG files, tons of bonus resources, and much more.
Why you should buy these courses
- Affordable! You can pay under $50 and get some quality Cricut education
- They are very specific to needs – rather than buying a course with a TON of information on topics you might not be interested in this, they’ve create courses that hone in one specific machine
- Most of the courses include the crafter’s resource library, which is filled with all sorts of goodies!
Best Community – Makers Gonna Make
Makers Gonna Learn also offers a yearly membership that includes a lot more options for the Cricut-user who just wants EVERYTHING. They also have some a la carte courses that you can purchase, which can be nice if you are a little intimidated by (or don’t need) another monthly subscription.
In Master Your Cricut, which is their basic course, you will find 30 lessons- one for each day to teach you everything you need to know. Here are the 30 lessons you will find:
- Day 1 – Opening Your Cricut – What Comes in The Box?
- Day 2 – Downloading Design Space, Creating Your Account, and Setting Up Your Cricut
- Day 3 – Beginner Cricut Terminology You Need to Know
- Day 4 – Design Space Tour and Overview
- Day 5 – How To Download SVGs and PNGs to Cricut Design Space
- Day 6 – How To Download Fonts to Cricut Design Space
- Day 7 – A Deeper Look Into Design Space
- Day 8 – Cricut Supplies, Tools, and Accessories You Need as a Beginner
- Day 9 – What Are The Differences Between Types of Vinyl
- Day 10 – How To Work With Adhesive Vinyl
- Day 11 – How To Reverse Weed Adhesive Vinyl and Why You Need To!
- Day 12 – How To Work With Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Day 13 – How To Iron-On Wood
- Day 14 – How To Write/Draw With Your Cricut
- Day 15 – How To Layer Vinyl
- Day 16 – How To Layer HTV
- Day 17 – All Cricut Blades and Tools Explained
- Day 18 – How To Print Then Cut
- Day 19 – How To Use Printable Vinyl
- Day 20 – How To Use Printable HTV
- Day 21 – How To Make a Stencil
- Day 22 – Craft Blanks You’ll Use Often, and Where To Find Them Cheap
- Day 23 – How and When To Change Your Cricut Blades
- Day 24 -How To Clean Your Cricut Mats
- Day 25 – How To Calibrate Your Machine
- Day 26 – 5 Cricut Design Space Settings You Need To Know About
- Day 27- 5 Cricut Design Space Trouble Shooting Tips To Remember From Past Lessons
- Day 28 – 5 Cricut Machine Trouble Shooting Tips
- Day 29 – Choosing Your First Project
- Day 30 – How To Make a Beginner Card With Your Cricut
The Makers Gonna Learn membership is definitely for someone who really wants to jump in and LOVE their machine. There are different tiers, but to get the courses, you have to signup for the yearly membership.
The yearly membership is $19.99 a month, $17.99 a month if billed bi-annually, and $15.99 a month if played annually. It has over 17,000 members, and it’s growing daily!
The yearly membership includes:
- Digital Cut File Library
- Monthly Cut File Releases
- Hundreds of Fonts
- Monthly Font Releases
- Exclusive Facebook Group
- Member Only Projects
- 100% Ad-Free Experience
- Printable Guides
- Maker Studio Software Access
- Commercial License
- 30 Day Cricut Challenge
- Frame Building Masterclass
- 10+ Online Classes
How to enroll
To enroll in “Master Your Cricut” simply go to their sign up page
If you are interested in the membership options, click here.
- Includes unlimited access to over 1000 cut files
- New files, training videos, and more added monthly
- Downloadable guide books, Facebook community and more!
- It is clearly well-loved and very popular among its users. This is a very active and fun community to be a part of!
Most Options for Every Level – Maker Academy by Jennifer Maker
Jennifer Maker is quite popular in the crafting/Cricut world, and she has created a lot of really fantastic courses and workshops.
It can be a little intimidating when you first look at all she has to offer, but she really has something for everyone – including free workshops.
Jennifer Maker offers workshops, classes, eBooks, and events.
Workshops: There are usually a few different workshops that you can choose from, or you can purchase them all at the same time for a discounted rate. These usually focus on very specific techniques and seem to be for more intermediate audiences.
Courses: These are more full-length online learning opportunities where you can learn ALL the things. She offers some courses for aspiring bloggers, but for crafters, she has Cricut College and Cut Above, which helps you learn to make SVG files!
eBook: The Cricut Coach Playbook has easy-to-read guides and helpful tips for mastering your Cricut.
Events: Jennifer offers something called the “Maker Academy Weekend”. This honestly seems a little overwhelming, but it seems like it’s ideal for someone who just loves crafting and wants to jump all in! There is an all-access pass so you can get access to everything in the future.
Her best option is the VIP All Access Pass. This is $67 and provide you with:
- Lifetime access to all video workshops
- Workbook for all workshops
- One Click designs
- Audio files and transcripts
- Exclusive support group
- and VIP Bonsues
How to enroll
One of the downsides of Jennifer’s courses and workshops is that they are not always open for enrollment. However, if they aren’t, you can jump on a waitlist, and I’m sure something will open up soon!
The VIP All Access pass appears to be available year-round.
The courses and workshops are almost (if not all) under $100. The VIP All Access Pass is $57.
To find out specific price points join their waiting list
Why you should buy this course
- You want to be part. ofthe Jennifer Maker community
- You want detailed, step-by-step instructions
- You are more advanced and want access to more advanced techniques
- You want workbooks and ready-to-make projects
Best Free Option – Official Cricut Courses
Master all the ins and outs of Cricut® machines, Design Space®, DIY projects, materials, and more with live webinars led by Cricut experts.
These are free online classes that have been developed by the experts at Cricut, and it’s a great place to start if you are just getting started with Cricut.
Free live classes are available in the future, and you can watch past classes.
- The differences between the Explore Air 2 and The Maker
- How to make Print Then Cut Tags
- All things Iron-On & Vinyl
- How do you slice, attach, weld, flatten and contour?
- Mastering image uploads
- Working with the Adaptive Tool System on your Cricut Maker
- PLUS access to all Facebook Live Q&A
We created this starter kit for people who just need a basic place to start. It includes an eBook, projects, printable guides, and 50 fun SVG files.
It isn’t really a course, but it’s definitely a great option for those who don’t want to watch videos and just want a reference manual.
This includes 89 pages of detailed information on getting started with your Cricut machine – from setting it up to using common and fun techniques like using HTV, Print then Cut, and even cutting with wood!
Cost and how to enroll
This costs $27, though if you enter the code 10OFF you can get it for just $17!
Why you should buy this
This is a budget-friendly resource created by someone who has done the work to learn how to use the Cricut. You will find it informative and easy to follow!
Why should I buy a Cricut Course?
The last thing you want to do is buy a Cricut machine and have it sit in your closet gathering dust because you don’t know how to use it!
The sky is the limit when it comes to a Cricut- you can do so many things with it and believe it or not- it can even make life easier for you once you get the hang of it.
The possibilities are endless of what you can make and do with a Cricut. Think of all the projects, crafts just waiting for you. If you bought a Cricut in the first place then chances are you enjoying making things- and knowing how to use it and feeling comfortable with it is the first step.
You could google everything single thing about your machine. But that could be time-consuming and take you down a slippery slope of misinformation or confusing tutorials. Or you could purchase a course that has everything in one place to help you need to get started!
The courses I’m sharing with you are full of great information with well thought out step-by-step instructions. Enjoy being able to learn from the pros who have taken the guesswork out of it and have done the hard part of learning the ins and outs.
Where can I find a Cricut training courses near me?
There are some Cricut courses that are available in person, though it really just depends on the area that you live. I would recommend looking with different craft stores such as:
- Joann Fabric
- Hobby Lobby
They may be offered seasonally or when there is a demand, so don’t be afraid to reach out!
Online versus In Person Learning
It can be hard to decide if you want to do an online class or find something in person. It really comes down to the person and what their learning style is like.
I personally enjoy in-person events, just because it’s fun to interact with other people and get all of your questions answered. But there are certainly benefits to online learning, such as:
- More flexible
- You usually can watch the presentations afterward
- You can pause, skip, and fast forward to different parts
- You can do it in your jammies!
Which Course is Right For You?
There are a lot of courses mentioned above – and really, you can’t go wrong. However, if you are still wondering which one is best for you, here are a few thoughts to consider:
- Not a fan of memberships and want lifetime access? Trust me – I get this. I avoid memberships in almost all situations. If you just want to pay once and have lifetime access, then Cricut Made Easy is going to be the best option for you. You can save $50 with the code SAVE50, making it $129 for lifetime access.
- On a Budget? I LOVE the classes from Best Vinyl Cutters because they are inexpensive but super helpful!
- Need something that holds your hand? Master Your Cricut is a great option. It takes you step-by-step through the first 30 days of starting your Cricut.
- Want lots of freebies and an awesome Cricut community? Makers Gonna Learn is an awesome membership. It’s not specifically about Cricut education, but the yearly membership does include courses. I think this a great place to go for those who are seasoned and just want to live and breathe all things Cricut.
- Budget friendly, comprehensive, and no “fluff” ? You may want to start with our eBook. It’s very simple and to the point, and it’s something you can access very easily. Great for people who just want information without all the fluff (even though I love fluff!)
- You want to design! Maybe you’ve mastered your Cricut and now you want to make your own designs….awesome! Cut Above is going to be the right course for you.
- Want free videos? Then the Cricut recorded webinars might be the best option for you. These aren’t organized as well as some of the other courses, and they don’t include any freebies – but they are FREE and will definitely get you started on the right foot.
We hope that this was helpful in assisting you in choosing the right online Cricut class for you! Be sure to let us – and others – know in the comments what you think of these different courses!
You might enjoy these other Cricut posts
- The Best Cricut Tips and Tutorials
- Cricut Maker 101: Tips and Tricks
- How To Use The Cricut Explore 2: The Beginners Guide
- 20 Easy Cricut Maker Projects For Beginners
- The Cricut Joy App: Everything You Need to Know
- Cricut Design Space FAQ
- Cricut Tips For Beginners
- Cricut FAQ: Answers to All Your Questions
Cindy Maudsley lives in Utah with her husband and five children. Aside from writing, her passions include her family, faith, and spreading infertility awareness. She also loves a good book or podcast, true crime documentaries , Netflix binge, diet Coke and Target run
Looking for even more Cricut help? Be sure to check out our Cricut Tutorials guide which has all of our best tips, tricks, and tutorials for mastering your Cricut machine!