This simple eggnog monkey bread recipe is the ultimate holiday dessert! It’s very simple to make, but it has amazing flavor. It’s a great non-pie dessert!
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ Butter Tastin' Biscuits
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- About 1 1/2 cups sugar with 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chopped pecans about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan well with cooking spray.
- Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into four pieces.
- In a small bowl, pour 3/4 cup egg nog.
- In another bowl, put the mixed sugar and cinnamon sugar.
- Dip each biscuit piece into the egg nog. Shake off excess eggnog and then lightly dip in the sugar mixture.
- Place each biscuit piece into the bundt pan. Once you have one layer, sprinkle with pecan pieces. Repeat until you use all the biscuits.
- When all the layers are complete, mix the remaining eggnog with 1/3 cup melted butter. Pour over the top evenly.
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan about 10 minutes then invert onto a plate or cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Until about three days ago, I had never tried eggnog before.
I’m pretty sure my mom doesn’t like egg nog, so it wasn’t something we had around our house. During one of the first Christmas’s that Forrest and I were married, he was so shocked that there was no eggnog at our house…so he went out and bought some. I’m pretty sure he was the only person in the house that drank any.
For some reason, it just seemed unappealing. I figured it would taste like raw eggs.
Well, I was wrong. The other day, when I finally tried some (after being married to an eggnog fan for almost five years), I actually liked it.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
I like it so much, I decided to make a dessert out of it. And it sure is a good one.
You’ve heard of monkey bread right? It’s a pretty delicious dessert. So, I thought it would be fun to make a more festive version of monkey bread using eggnog. I wasn’t entirely sure how it would turn out…but I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted it straight out of the oven. It was good. So good.
It’s such a simple dessert to make – it’s perfect for the busy holiday season. I used some of Pillsbury™Butter Tastin biscuits, because, well…can you really ever have enough butter (okay, don’t answer that.) I felt like it gave the monkey bread an even more moist and yummy flavor.
I just picked them up at my local Safeway store, along with a few other simple ingredients, and in less than an hour, we had a rather tasty dessert. This would be great for a non-pie dessert for Thanksgiving!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway (please use name of your local store) . The opinions and text are all mine.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).