Hi, this is Julie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva, I’m so excited to be here today and share my Rustic Strawberry Tart with you.
This is one of my absolute favorite recipes to make and I make it year-around. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make this with any fruit or combination of fruits. I’ve made it with blueberries and strawberries, perfect for 4th of July.
If you are having last minute guests over for dinner this is a quick dessert to put together and stick in the oven. All you need is a prepared pie crust, some cut-up fruit and, voila, you have dessert.
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Confessions of a Cooking Diva is up too!
Rustic Strawberry Tart | Instagram | Pinterest
Rustic Strawberry Tart –
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup of strawberries, cut into bite-sized pieces. You can use different fruits and change the amounts to what you want.
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, plus 1 tsp. for sprinkling on the crust
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Gently unfold the pie crust and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, gently mix together the fruit, sugar and cornstarch. Then pour into a strainer to release
- and extra juices.
- Pour the mixture into the center of the pie crust, leaving a 2 inch border.
- Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in oven until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and is great with a scoop of ice cream.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Looks amazing. This looks doable for even me. Thanks for the great post, Julie.
Mmm this looks just too good 🙂 Now i’m totally in the mood for some summer baking 😉