A creamy, loaded baked potato soup recipe that is so easy to throw together. We love serving this with warm garlic knots and on cold winter nights!
Creamy Baked Potato Soup
- 4 white potatoes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup colby monterrey jack shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Peel potatoes and cut into smaller pieces.
- Place in pot and boil until soft. Drain, mash, and set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together flour and butter.
- Slowly add milk, and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- After thickened, add potatoes, sour cream, cheese, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Set temperature to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon right before serving. Top with cheese and bacon.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Heather T. says
I found you through the Bloglovin’ Collective and boy, am I glad I did! I love baked potato soup and this receipe sounds delish! Would love a follow back!
Paige Ladisic says
Hi! I stumbled over from the Bloglovin’ Collective! Nice to meet you, and I love the look of this potato soup. It’s one of my favorite things to make, so I definitely might pull this recipe out this summer.
Deana Rose says
I love potato soup and will definitely have to give this recipe a try!
Stopping by from the blog hop. Thanks for cohosting!
TesoriBelle on Bloglovin
Love that you have dairy free ingredient options for this! 🙂 It looks yummy, Katie!
Jessica Peters says
I haven’t had potato soup in a long time. I might have to buy some potatoes and make this!
Looks, great! Potato soup is a favorite around our house.