Katie recently gave me the task of creating something with Gourmet Garden’s Basil Paste. Gourmet Gardens creates an alternative to dry spices, and to buying and chopping fresh spices, by putting fresh spices in convenient tubes. They come in several different varieties and are available in the refrigerated part of the produce section.
- 1/2 package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Tofutti Dairy Free Sour Cream, or regular sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons Earth Balance's Natural Buttery Spread, or regular butter
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden basil paste, or 1 1/2 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden cilantro pasta, or 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden garlic paste, or 1 teaspoon garlic
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden basil paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Turn on grill to prepare to grill the chicken. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the angel hair pasta.
- In a small sauce pan, heat to medium-low and put in sour cream. Add butter, and melt both together. Add almond milk, water, and cornstarch. Let thicken, and then add lime and lime zest. Squeeze basil paste, garlic paste, and cilantro paste. Bring the heat down to low to keep sauce warm.
- Put chicken on grill. While it's cooking, put basil paste and lime juice on the chicken. Alternatively, you can let chicken marinate in this same mixture for an hour or so. Grill until no longer pink.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).