Cheeseburger Soup from Food Ramblings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups skim milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- crumbled bacon
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium high heat, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. After it begins to brown add onions, and garlic. Cook meat through and until onions are soft.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock. Simmer.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into the simmering soup. Cook until the soup starts to thicken slightly.
- Add the cheddar cheese, ½ cup at time, stirring after each addition.
- Once the cheese is all added stir in the BBQ sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon and cheese.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
This looks lovely!
Thank goodness for a recipe with out cream of chicken soup! This looks great!