A creamy, loaded baked potato soup recipe that is so easy to throw together. We love serving this with warm garlic knots and on cold winter nights!
Creamy Baked Potato Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Makes 10 servings
- 4 white potatoes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter or butter substitute
- 3 cups milk or 1 can coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 1 cup Kraft Natural's colby monterrey jack shredded cheese optional, if you want it to be totally dairy free
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel potatoes and cut into smaller pieces. Place in pot and boil until soft. Drain, mash, and set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together flour and butter. Slowly add milk, and whisk until it starts to thicken. After thickened, add potatoes, sour cream, cheese, and seasonings and bring to a boil. Let it boil for two minutes, stirring continuously. Set temperature to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add crumbled bacon right before serving. Top with cheese and bacon.