A creamy, loaded baked potato soup recipe that is so easy to throw together. We love serving this with warm garlic knots and on cold winter nights!
- 4 white potatoes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup colby monterrey jack shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Peel potatoes and cut into smaller pieces.
- Place in pot and boil until soft. Drain, mash, and set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together flour and butter.
- Slowly add milk, and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- After thickened, add potatoes, sour cream, cheese, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Set temperature to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon right before serving. Top with cheese and bacon.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).