A delicious blend of mozzarella, parmesan, and romano cheeses, combined with spinach and artichoke, makes this a killer copycat recipe of Applebee’s Spinach Artichoke Dip
This post was originally published in 2013; updated in December 2017
When we go out to eat, it’s rare that we’ll buy an appetizer or dessert. In fact, it’s rare that we buy two meals! However, there’s one item that often appears on appetizer lists that always tempts me.
Spinach artichoke dip.
LOVE spinach artichoke dip. It’s full of tons of things that aren’t good for me, and I regret eating hours later because it’s full of lactose, but whenever I see it listed on a menu, those thoughts all disappear. And the place that has my favorite kind of spinach artichoke dip? Applebees. I’ve found out that not all restaurants make their recipes the same, and homemade spinach artichoke dips rarely satisfy me. So for the longest time, I’ve been on the search for a copycat recipe for Appleebees spinach artichoke dip (that actually tasted like it was from the restaurant), and I think I finally created it.
This recipe was so spot on, I could hardly believe it. And my mom, who is also a huge fan of Applebee’s spinach artichoke dip, agreed. It was practically an exact replica.
I think I like this version because it doesn’t go heavy on the artichokes, which is my main complaint about some recipes. There’s just the perfect amount of all the different ingredients, that all combine together perfectly for a creamy and savory dish.
I served this with chips, but also decided to make some simple crostinis with some day-old french bread. They turned out to be the perfect thing to dip in this, so I’ll include that recipe as well. This can be made lactose free (even though I didn’t do that) and I’ll include those substitutes — though I can’t guarantee it will taste exactly like Applebees’ if you don’t follow this exactly.
What is the one food that you always want to get when you go out to eat?
Want more restaurant copycat restaurants?
Signup below for first access to all our BEST recipes!
Copycat Applebee’s Spinach Artichoke Dip
Copycat Applebee's Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 10 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 ounces prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with a spoon until smooth.
- Place in an 8x8-inch glass dish, and baked for about 30 minutes.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com