Do you know what makes a great holiday gift? Anything handmade. It lets the receiver know that you took some time to make something just for them. And who doesn’t like a little something to pamper themselves? My Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe is a perfect addition to your handmade holiday gifts.
Welcome to day two of Handmade Christmas at Clarks Condensed! In case you missed the first day, Shinee’s Pistachio Cherry Fudge is to die for – be sure to check it out and to come back tomorrow for more!
This scrub takes almost no time to make but is such a fun and festive gift to receive. It can be used on your hands, elbows, feet, knees, or anywhere you need exfoliating. You can even use it on your dry winter lips since it is made will all edible ingredients.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 15 peppermint candies
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Unwrap the peppermint candies and put them in a food processor or high powered blender. Grind until they are a fine powder.
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted.
- Add the sugar, peppermint candy powder, and extract. Mix well.
- Place in jar.
- To Use: Wet skin. Place 1-2 tablespoons on to skin and rub in a circular motion. Be sure to concentrate on any particularly dry or rough areas. Rinse with warm water and pat skin dry.
You want to make sure that they candy is finely ground. If you have any big pieces they could hurt when you use the scrub. The sugar and candy is meant to exfoliate, not cut.
You could always skip the peppermint candy pieces and just add some red food coloring to make it a festive color, but I think the candies add a little something extra. You get a pink scrub with red speckles through out. Isn’t it pretty?
This scrub recipe makes two half pint jars full. So you can make one for a friend and keep one for yourself. The coconut oil moisturizes while the sugar scrubs off any dried skin. And the peppermint smells delicious. You’ll want to eat it. And you totally could, but then the coconut oil and sugar don’t get to do their thing.
Hi! I’m Amber. I am married to my best friend. We have a busy 2-year-old boy and two dogs. I blog over at rick•a•bam•boo. I blog about crafts, recipes, and kids activities. I hope you’ll stop by and join me for my crazy life.