Have you ever had a cookie bowl? Well, if not, you’re missing out! These peanut butter cookie bowls are perfect for ice cream, pudding, or even for this fun and easy Easter dessert recipe – peanut butter cookie nests!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Extra sugar
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), combine butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add in egg, vanilla, and peanut butter and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Turn a muffin tin upside down and spray with cooking spray.
- Place a thick layer of cookie dough over muffin tins. Make sure each cookie bowl is only touching another bowl diagonally.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes.
- Cut away excess cookie dough.
- Let cool a few more minutes.
- Remove very carefully from muffin tin.
- Fill with pudding, coconut, and Reese's eggs, or ice cream.
We love all holidays around here. They are even more enjoyable now that Jack has gotten a little bit older. He seems to have “inherited” my love for celebrating!
While the next holiday that is coming up is Valentine’s Day, I’m more looking forward to Easter. I feel like it signals the beginning of spring, and it’s a holiday full of peace. It’s also another holiday to make yummy food, because, well, that’s one of the best parts of holidays.
One of our favorite candies available during the Easter seasons are Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. If you have seen some of our more recent dessert recipes, chocolate and peanut butter are often the stars, so it’s probably not too big of a surprise that we love those eggs! As delicious as they are on their own, I thought it would be fun to use them to make a fun Easter dessert – bird’s nest bowls! Basically, they are peanut butter cookie bowls filled with pudding, green coconut, and a Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg right in the middle.
These are pretty simple treats, but they are so delicious. Jack and I had a lot of fun making them. If you have never had a cookie bowl, you are missing it. They are D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. I think everyone should make them. They are great for filling with ice cream, pudding, and, well, Reese’s Peanut Butter eggs! Jack thought they were so cute – and so did I! If you are looking for a fun treat to place at everyone’s plate on Easter dinner, this should be a serious contender. We used cheesecake pudding in them, but I think any flavor would be delicious. Just a few notes on the cookie bowl recipe:
- Make sure you use plenty of dough around each muffin tin. These can easily get holes in them.
- If any of them do get holes in them while they are cooling, once you take them off the tin, you can use some extra cooked cookie dough to fill in the spaces.
- Make sure you don’t place any of the cookie bowls next to each other in the tin.
- Don’t attempt to take them off the tin until they’ve cooled a bit. When you take them off, just gently pull on one edge and jiggle it off slowly.
Celebrate with Hershey’s this Easter season by purchasing the Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, available nationwide!
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.