Looking for a non-traditional turkey recipe this Thanksgiving? This orange glazed turkey recipe is very simple to put together, and it has amazing flavor. It’s perfect for any Turkey day feast this year!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Calphalon. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
- 1 Turkey we used a 5 lb turkey from Honeysuckle White - adjust the recipe according to the size of yours
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate frozen
- 1/2 orange cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Stuffing recipe of choice We used Pepperidge Farm's Sage and Onion dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together sage, sea salt, parsley, and onion powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt and combine butter, orange marmalade, orange juice concentrate, honey, and orange pieces. Bring to a boil and stir until it starts to thicken.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add the remaining sage mixture.
- Place a 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the rack on top.
- Place turkey on the rack of the roasting pan.
- Stuff the turkey with stuffing of choice.
- Rub half the mixture all over the turkey.
- Baste the turkey with some of the glaze.
- Place turkey in oven. The time will depend on how big the turkey is (we cooked ours for 2.5 hours. Larger turkeys may take up to 6 six hours. You will cook it until the internal temperature is above 165 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Every 30 minutes, baste the turkey with more of the glaze.
Forrest and I will have been married five years in December! It feels like we were just in the middle of our whirl-wind engagement – we got engaged on October 28th and married on December 22nd. Such a crazy but wonderful time.
One thing that we registered for but didn’t get (which was fine, of course) was a knife set. We’ve always wanted to get one, since we’ve basically been living off of random knives that were left behind in an apartment of mine, but we’ve just never had the money for them. Forrest especially appreciates a good knife, so he was thrilled when I told him we were being sent this Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Cutlery set.
Yes, I said self-sharpening! I didn’t even know this existed. Basically, there are ceramic sharpeners built into the slots of the storage block. So, when you insert the knife into the block, it automatically sharpens the knives with each use at the correct angle. In order to keep your knives in tip top shape, they need to be sharpened on a regular basis. This can be a bit cumbersome of a task, so many people probably forgo that process – I know I did! So, this knife set is a must-have for anyone who tends to forget to sharpen their knives.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
We used it for the first time as we prepared this orange glazed turkey. I tried out the paring knife as I cut this knife, and I couldn’t believe how smooth it was. I told Forrest it was obvious I hadn’t used a good knife in a long time, because I didn’t realize cutting something could be so easy! I definitely need to brush up my knife skills!
The set we got came with a variety of knives – and I appreciated the fact that their uses are listed on the ends. Forrest always likes me to try and use the right knives when I’m cutting something…and I’m not very good at doing that. So I think we both appreciate this!
We loved that this knife set are made of high-carbon, no stain stainless steel and they are full tang construction (Which means the blade extends through the handle of the knife…which means it’s much less likely to break.) THere are three different models available – the Calphalon Classic 15 piece set, the Calphalon Contemporary Series German Steel Self-Sharpening set, and the Calphalon Precision Series Fully Forged Self-Sharpening set. Any of them would be awesome! We sure love ours.
As I said, we used it a few times while prepping this yummy turkey recipe. It was great for cutting the onion that we needed in the stuffing, as well as the orange for the sauce. Of course, it was especially nice to have when we had to carve the turkey!
This recipe was fairly simple to put together, and it had great flavor. It is a little bit different from your traditional turkey recipe, but it’s worth trying! We used a turkey from Honeysuckle White which was a little smaller, but it was one of the best tasting turkeys ever!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).