Do you love chicken wings but wish you could indulge in more than just a couple? Well, these honey BBQ chicken wings are the perfect healthy, vegetarian option! They are crispy, sweet, and super easy to make. You may trade in your chicken wing days for good after trying these!
Thank you to Better Bakery for providing the inspiration for this post! All opinions are 100% my own.
Honey BBQ Cauliflower "Wings" Recipe
- 1 frozen bag of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk I used almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, milk onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Take frozen cauliflower out of bag and cover in the batter.
- Place the covered cauliflower on a baking sheet that has been covered in tin foil or on a silicone baking mat.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, flipping half way through.
- In the meantime, put honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and hot water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. After it boils, simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the time goes over, take <g class="gr_ gr_164 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear undefined Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="164" data-gr-id="164">pan</g> out of the oven and baste all of the cauliflower with the sauce.
- Place back in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping half-way through and basting again.
- Remove from oven and baste one final time.
Whenever we order pizza, I feel like right before we check out, an offer pops up to encourage us to add wings to our meal. Rarely do I do so, because pizza isn’t the healthiest meal out there and neither are wings.
However, when someone else orders wings to go along with a pizza…well, I can’t help but sample one or two. The fact of the matter is, no matter how unhealthy it is, pizza and wings just go together.
Well, today I have a way to eat pizza in a better-for-you way, and indulge in some “wings” that won’t leave you feeling like you need to spend three hours at the gym.
Have you ever heard of cauliflower wings? I’ve seen them floating around Pinterest for years, and I finally made them awhile back. Forrest and I loved them! Of course, they aren’t actually chicken wings, but I almost like them more.
I shared my mom’s famous chicken wing recipe awhile back, and since I love that so much, I decided to make some cauliflower wings based off of that. I switched it up a little bit and used honey instead of brown sugar, but either way, it’s super simple. You just make a simple batter, make the sauce, and in about 45 minutes, you have some delicious honey BBQ cauliflower wings.
I mentioned that I was going to share a way to have pizza and wings that is a little better for you. Well, now that I’ve shared the wings – here’s the pizza!
Better Bakery recently reached out to me about trying out their newest product line – handcrafted artisan melts. They are available in retailers across the country, and let me tell you, they are good. Better Bakery promises that their sandwiches are “Always Handcrafted” and continued to stand by that promise with these products. They are all handcut, rolled, and topped, and I feel like you can really tell.
They are similar in idea to other frozen hand pizza products, but they are about 10 million times better. The ingredients taste fresher, and I love the herbed topping. You can make them in the oven or microwave, and they are perfect when paired with these honey BBQ cauliflower wings. We tried the Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza and the Chicken & Bacon Club flavors and were equally impressed.
I found them at Walmart, but you can find a local retailer here, along with a $1.50 coupon!