Over the past year, there have been two things I’ve enjoyed when creating recipes:
Recipes that can be done in one pot/pan and making family favorite recipes a little bit better-for-us. I mean, I don’t go crazy and omit all fat, sugar, and deliciousness. But I do try to make some swaps to make meals a little bit lighter.
One of Forrest’s favorite meals is beef stroganoff. I’ve come to really enjoy the meal myself! We really loved this one pot chicken stroganoff I made awhile back, so I thought it was about time I shared a beef stroganoff recipe.
I was excited when I was asked to create a recipe for Jones Creek Beef. This is a small company out of Utah. They are one of the leading producers of all-natural, grass fed beef in the United States. They sell ground beef, roasts, and steaks. It can be tricky to find, but certain Walmarts here in Colorado carry the product.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
The last time I had grass-fed beef, it was a little game-y tasting to me. However, that wasn’t the case with Jones Creek. It had a great flavor, produced less fat than other beef I have cooked with, and it just tasted very high quality. It was the perfect addition to this meal. You can find where the product is sold here.
Anyways, we all really enjoyed this meal. It was all made in one pot, and it was ready in about 30 minutes – perfect for an easy, delicious dinner!
- 1 lb Jones Creek Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Goya Perfect Seasoning or some kind of Italian type seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Better than Boullion beef (if you don't have this, use four cups of beef broth, and omit the four cups of water)
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in olive oil. Drain excess fat, reserving aside 1 tablespoon.
- Add onions and mushroom. Cook until soft, adding the reserved fat to help saute.
- Add water and Better than Bouillion. Use a whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, add egg noodles and cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- Add in Greek Yogurt and corn starch. Bring to a boil again and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Add smoked paprika, pepper, and salt to taste. Let simmer 10 minutes.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).