Have you tried Olive Garden’s loaded pasta chips? They are one of our favorite food items to get there! Piled high with chicken, bolognese, and Alfredo sauce, and topped with Italian cheese and cherry peppers – this is one appetizer you don’t want to miss!
Copycat Olive Garden Loaded Pasta ChipsI love a good Olive Garden copycat recipe – don’t you? I think that Olive Garden may be the restaurant we make the most copycat recipes from – partially because sometimes I go there, I think something is amazing, and then it’s gone faster than it appeared. That’s what happened with the Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie that I fell in love with…only to have it taken away weeks later. Anyways. A few months ago, I saw their loaded pasta chips being advertised, and I knew I had to try them. . We went over to Olive Garden, ordered a batch, and they were every bit as delicious as I imagined! In fact, we ordered them again a few weeks later. I’m not sure how long these will be there (or to be honest, if they even still have them. We haven’t been to Olive Garden in quite some time!), but I know that they are something that I want to make time and time again. When you look on the website, it gives some information about what’s in them, but I found that it wasn’t as descriptive about everything. So I took notes as I ate them, and I think I have a pretty good understanding of everything on them. The loaded pasta chips have:
- Fried lasagna noodles
- Bolognese (which contains Italian sausage and ground beef)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken breast – seasoned and cut up
- Italian cheeses
- Cherry peppers
How to Make Pasta ChipsA big part of this recipe is the fried pasta chips – and they are oh so delicious. They are pretty easy to make, and all you need is:
- Cooked lasagna noodles
- Oil for frying
Olive Garden Copy Cat RecipesIf you are a big fan of Olive Garden, here are all our copycat recipes from them:
- Olive Garden Five Cheese Marinara
- Copycat Olive Garden Giant Sausage Stuffed Rigatoni Recipe
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie
- Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce: Olive Garden Copycat
Italian Pasta Chips
Olive Garden Loaded Pasta Chips Recipe
- 12 lasagna noodles - boiled and drained
- 1 cup batch of Olive Garden Bolognese, https://www.clarkscondensed.com/food/instant-pot/instant-pot-olive-garden-bolognese/
- ½ cup Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce , https://www.cupcakediariesblog.com/2011/05/copycat-olive-garden-alfredo-sauce.html
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cherry Peppers
- 1/4 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- Prepare sauces and keep warm - refrigerate or freeze the extra.
- Boil noodles, drain water and pat dry.
- Heat a pan of cooking oil and fry each lasagna noodle. Drain grease and when cooled break each piece in half.
- Season chicken breast generously with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper
- Cook in a little bit of olive oil until cooked through:
- Assembly: Fried pasta chips, chicken, bolognese, then cherry peppers, and top with Italian blend cheeses (don’t melt these or anything. Just a topping!)
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Joni Gonzales says
These are my favorite at Olive Garden and, as far as I know, they are now officially off the menu. I will be trying this copycat recipe! BTW I’m pretty sure the noodles were salted, only because one time I got a batch that were over salted. Can’t wait to attempt these!
I’m so sad they aren’t on the menu! I hope you enjoy these. I love them! And good to know about the salted!
Just FYI, there is also some type of seasoning on the chips which you probably don’t taste when it’s put together; however, I ordered mine to go and asked for all the sauces and cheese on the side so the chips didn’t get soggy driving home. When I grabbed a plain chip out of the container, you can taste some sort of salty (season salt, Italian seasoning, something) seasoning on them.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing!
Lewis Johnson says
I love this!
Pasta CHIPS!? How did I not know they had these! Yum!!
Lynn Hanrahan says
The recipe lists chicken as the protein used, but the photos look like ground hamburger was used. Would either work? NOTE: I haven’t tried making it yet.
Either would be fine, but we definitely used chicken as the main protein 🙂 The bolognese, however, does contain ground beef, so that may be what you are seeing. There is also sausage in the bolognese.
Carissa Nelson | Spoonful of Easy says
Umm, I’ve been so missing out! I haven’t seen this at the Olive Garden! I will definitely be making your version! Looks amazing!
Thanks, Carissa! They are delicious!