CREATE ROOM FOURTH OF JULY SALE – USE THE CODE CLARKS to SAVE UP TO $900 6/30-7/11
- Up to $900 savings!
- $200 off DreamBox
- $100 off pre-built
- $350 off combined Side-kick options w/DreamBox – $50 off Cubby, $100 off Dream Cart, $100 off both Side Tables, Sew Station $150 off
- $10 off power up, Plastic notions $10, $25 off Wallpaper, white magnetic board $15, planner $25 off.
- FREE Gift ($115 value) for first 145 orders: Tote Lids, Crafter’s Caddy, Cutting Mat AND 1-3 week shipping times!
I think sometimes in the food blogging world, it becomes tempting to try and use all the seasonal ingredients, and create crazy and unique recipes. Not that I think that’s a bad time — I’ve definitely done it myself (I mean, I pretty much experiment with every new flavor of M&M that comes out.)
However, I think that there’s a lot to be said about posting simple recipes that require very few ingredients, as well. I really wanted to make an Easter-themed popcorn recipe. As I was considering all of the unique recipes I could create, I decided that rather do something complex…I should just create a simple, festive popcorn idea. And with that, I’ve decided to share a simple, M&M and Marshmallow Popcorn.
This popcorn has just a few ingredients — butter, mini marshmallows, popcorn, and M&Ms (I used Easter-colored M&Ms, but really, any color will do.) I recommend foregoing store-bought microwave popcorn and use this brown bag microwave popcorn (or popping it on the stove), but if store bought is all you got…then use that.
Also, be sure to remove all the kernels before you put the marshmallow topping on the popcorn — trust me. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself with very sticky fingers!
- 6 cups popped popcorn, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows, 10 oz bag
- 1/2 bag Easter M&Ms
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a pot, heat butter and marshmallows of medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Once butter and marshmallows have melted, pour over popcorn and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add in M&Ms before the popcorn cools completely (or else the M&Ms won't stick)
- Let cool and harden before eating.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.