We had the opportunity to review two recipes from the Six Sister’s cook book – a Year with the Six Sisters. It has meal plans for the whole year!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- ¼ cup salsa
- About 1/2 cup red pepper and onion, sauteed
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- About ¼ cup oil, I used coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese and tortillas in a bowl. Coarsely mash mixture until everything is combined.
- Heat a skillet with about 1/4 cup to medium high heat.
- Place tortilla in the oil and lightly fry. Remove and place on a tortilla to get rid of excess oil.
- Place tortilla on a baking sheet and spread about 2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture on half of the corn tortilla.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the mixture. Flip over if you need the beans to weight down the tortilla to keep it closed.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with extra salsa and romaine lettuce.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.