I’m not usually a brand loyalist. Whenever I go grocery shopping, I usually buy the cheapest brand (unless it has weird ingredients in it, or it’s bread). However, there is one brand I will forever be loyal to, and that’s Kraft.
When we first found out that Jack had a lactose intolerance (and realized that I did as well…though I don’t follow the diet as closely as we have Jack) I was so sad. While I admit, I really don’t like blocks, cubes, slices, or strings of cheese (they seriously make me gag) I love putting cheese on casseroles, pizzas, veggies, etc. The thought of never making lasagna or chicken enchiladas again with cheese (believe me…lasagna is not the same when it’s just meat, sauce, and noodles) made me so sad. I know, I know. First world problems.
So, when I discovered that many brands of Kraft cheese have 0 grams of lactose, I was SO happy. And since that point, we’ve only bought Kraft cheese. I always felt like they produced a high quality product, and I was right. Any recipe made here on Clarks Condensed that has shredded cheese is sure to be made with Kraft Naturals! Kraft makes other great products, as well, like their meal starts (LOVE these,) salad dressing, and mayonaise. I
ANYWAYS…on to the recipe. I had the hardest time deciding what recipe to post (but, rest assured, the ones that didn’t make the final cut will make a debut soon) but, I finally decided on potato and bacon breakfast rolls, because, I love breakfast! This are like cinnamon rolls…minus the cinnamon, and all things sweet. It’s filled with bacon, potatoes, onions, peppers, and, of course, cheese! We had them for dinner the other night, and they were absolutely fabulous. I think they would be perfect for Christmas morning, because they are so, so easy. And, if you don’t like bacon, you can easily switch out the bacon for sausage or ham!
- 1 package Birds Eye Roasted Red Potatoes with Garlic Butter, or 2-3 small red potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup Kraft Colby Monterrey Jack shredded cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup red peppers
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen potatoes in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until they are soft enough to mash (unless using plain red potatoes. Just cook and mash)
- In the mean time, cook bacon on skillet, drain excess grease (reserving 2 tablespoons) and crumble.
- In the reserved bacon grease (or 2 Tablespoons olive oil) saute onions and peppers until sauce. Drain grease and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, coarsely mash potatoes. Add bacon, veggies, cheese, and Greek Yogurt, and mix well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll out the crescent rolls, and press the seams to make one solid sheet (rather than individual pieces.)
- Spread the potato mixture evenly across the crescent roll dough, leaving about 1/2 inch bare around the edges.
- Starting with one of the short ends, roll the entire sheet up. Slice into six slices, and place each slice on the cookie sheet (like you would a cinnamon roll)
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.