CREATE ROOM FOURTH OF JULY SALE – USE THE CODE CLARKS to SAVE UP TO $900 6/30-7/11
- Up to $900 savings!
- $200 off DreamBox
- $100 off pre-built
- $350 off combined Side-kick options w/DreamBox – $50 off Cubby, $100 off Dream Cart, $100 off both Side Tables, Sew Station $150 off
- $10 off power up, Plastic notions $10, $25 off Wallpaper, white magnetic board $15, planner $25 off.
- FREE Gift ($115 value) for first 145 orders: Tote Lids, Crafter’s Caddy, Cutting Mat AND 1-3 week shipping times!
Are you looking for the light and flavorful Disneyland Beignet recipe? Look no further! This recipe is similar to what you’ll find at Disneyland – especially if you go during Halloween. The delicious Disneyland copycat pumpkin Mickey Mouse beignets!
Besides the rides (of course), the specialty treats at Disneyland are definitely the highlight of a trip to Disneyland.
I recently shared a post about the best treats at Disneyland, but today, I wanted to share how to make one at home!
Mickey Mouse Beignets.
And not just any Mickey Mouse Beignets – PUMPKIN ones.
I know, it’s totally not pumpkin season anymore…but really, shouldn’t every season be pumpkin season 😉
Anyways. When we went to Disneyland last year, I couldn’t wait to try the beignets. Everyone I knew raved about them, and I KNEW I had to try them!
They were SO delicious, and I’ve been dying to make them at home ever since.
However, as I started searching for recipes, I found people talking about a season version of the beignets that have made an appearance in the past – pumpkin beignets!
And since I had just picked up about 10 cans of pumpkin that were on close out at Target, I knew what I had to do.
Make pumpkin beignets.
And you guys? They are SO good. They were light, airy, and had a slight pumpkin-y taste to them.
My mom tried some, and she said, “These are even BETTER than Disneyland’s.”
Is it bad if I agree?
You can easily make these without pumpkin and make them as traditional Mickey beignets, but I really do love the pumpkin touch. I adapted this recipe from this great one on Get Away Today!
Don’t forget to order your Mickey Mouse cookie cutters – it makes a difference!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1-2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 4-6 cups white flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Combine yeast and water in a large bowl. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, sugar, salt, heavy cream, and pumpkin. Stir.
- Add four cups of flour. Blend until smooth.
- Melt butter and coconut oil together. Add to mixture, along with pumpkin pie spice.
- Dough will be slightly sticky, but it shouldn't stick to your hands. If it's too sticky, add more flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Cover and let rise about one hour.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees.
- In the mean time, divide dough into two pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out to about 1/8" thick. Cut Mickey Mouse shapes out.
- Carefully pull up the pieces of dough and place in the dough. Cook until golden brown on each side (about 90 seconds on each side).
- Place on a paper towel to drain grease.
- Top with plenty of powdered sugar!
Now that you’ve seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home check out how a few of my blog buddies make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S’mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac’n’Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
AND enter to win a chance to try all these tasty treats in person at Disneyland yourself! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner’s choice)
Giveaway is sponsored by Get Away Today. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway will run from Friday, April 7th to Friday, April 14th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.