- 2 cups flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Create a well in the middle, and then whisk in olive oil and eggs. Stir until a solid dough ball forms (making sure to pull flour from the sides as you do this.) Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes (longer is better!)
- Unwrap dough, and with a rolling pin, roll out into a sheet that is about 1/4 inch thin.
- Using a pizza cutter, make a long cut down the center of the dough, cutting it in half. Then, cutting the other way, cut long strips of pasta (start at one end, and cut until you reach the cut that was made to divide the dough in half -- see picture)
- Lay noodles on a cookie sheet.
- Either cook immediately, or leave out to dry. If cooking immediately, place in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then bring down from a boil. We just brought the chicken soup to a boil, and put them in right before serving. If cooking after they've been dried, bring pot to a boiling water for about 8-10 minutes.