Easy and cheesy green chile chicken enchiladas. Easy to freeze, and absolutely delicious.
Whenever I have to choose my favorite meal, I immediately say chicken enchiladas. But not just any chicken enchiladas. I’m not a huge fan of the ones in flour tortillas and that are made with a cream sauce. I’m talking about the delicious, green chili ones that my mom has made my entire life. I request them every time I go home to Colorado, and make them quite often in our house.
- 10 corn tortillas
- Cooking Oil
- 1 lb chicken breast diced or large can of chicken
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 1 8 ounce can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1-2 cups Colby Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly fry corn tortillas in oil. Remove excess grease with a paper towel and set aside.
- Cook diced chicken breast in oil and season with garlic powder and onion powder. You can use canned chicken as well.
- In a large cooking dish, lightly coat the bottom with enchilada sauce.
- Place one tortilla in the pan, add chicken and cheese, and roll up. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered with tin foil for 20 minutes. Bake remaining 10 minutes without foil.
These can easily be frozen, and are great for those days when you just need a quick and easy meal!