Do you have any fun Mother’s Day traditions? Growing up, all the kids that were at home would wake up bright and early, and create a breakfast-in-bed feast for our mom (and the same for our dad on Father’s Day.) My mom will often say that the meals got significantly better as we got older. Makes sense, right?
But, if you were like my mom, you might help out the kids by purchasing some of the breakfast foods beforehand. So, if you are looking for an easy, and delicious, breakfast or brunch treat for mother’s day, to maybe buy the ingredients, put out the recipe, and nudge your kids in the right direction…you’ve come to the right place.
- 2 12 oz cans of Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Biscuits (or similar)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, zest all the peel on the orange. Combine with cinnamon and sugar. Set aside. In another bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter, and then mix together with the juice of the orange.
- Dip each piece of biscuit dough in the butter mixture, and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Layer biscuits in bundt pan evenly. Pour remaining butter mixture over the top of layered biscuits. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together butter, vanilla, lime juice, and powdered sugar. Set aside until bread is done. Bread is done when it starts to turn golden brown. Let cool in pan for a few minutes, then flip onto a dish. Drizzle glaze over the top, and serve.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.