Looking for a delicious pressure cooker lasagna recipe to use in your Instant Pot? This one is SO easy and delicious. Everyone LOVES it! There is an Instant Pot Lasagna recipe video included, along with detailed instructions.
The BEST Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe
It’s safe to say the Instant Pot has taken the world by storm. When I bought mine a little over a year ago, I had NO idea it would become as popular as it is today. I mean, I hear people in everyday conversation talking about how much they love theirs…and it always makes me smile. A few months ago, I wrote this ultimate Instant Pot Guide, and I’ve been totally thrilled to see how much people enjoy it. I’ve even had a few people tell me that it’s what tipped them over the edge into buying one! I had heard that you can make lasagna in an Instant Pot, so a few months ago, I bought the Fat Daddio’s springform pan. You definitely need some kind of springform pan to make lasagna in the Instant Pot, and this brand comes highly recommended for all things Instant Pot (just make sure you get one small enough for your Instant Pot!) Plus, you can use it to make cheesecake later. Win-win! Anyways, the other day I decided to try and convert our most popular recipe – easy lasagna – into an Instant Pot version. You see, this is one of my all-time favorite recipes, so I wanted to make sure the Instant Pot did it justice. You guys – SO good. It was SUPER easy, too. I had used a bag of homemade spaghetti sauce and meat that I had previously frozen, oven-ready lasagna noodles, and a variety of cheese, and it was in the Instant Pot and ready to go in just a few minutes. I do recommend using the oven ready lasagna noodles with this recipe. And yes, you do need to put tin foil on top unless you want it to get watery (which, maybe you do!). When I first got the springform pan, I was a little worried that it was too small..but you are able to pack a lot into the pan, and we were all full after dinner..with a little left to spare. Although nothing can quite replace an oven-baked lasagna recipe, this one comes pretty darn close!
Special Products Needed for This Recipe:easy lasagna recipe? We have TONS of easy ones!
- Can I make an Instant Pot Lasagna without a springform pan? I have honestly not done this, but I’m sure it could be done. Just spray your Instant Pot really well, and form the Lasagna in the pot of the Instant Pot. Omit the extra cup of water.
- Can I add cottage cheese or ricotta? Yes, I just don’t like either of these ingredients, which is why it’s not in the recipe. You can just add a layer to the top of each layer of noodles.
- Can I use non-oven ready lasagna noodles? Yes, I’m sure you could.
Instant Pot Lasagna CasserolePrintable recipe without ingredients below
Pressure Cooker Lasagna Recipe
Instant Pot Lasagna
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, (or about 3 cups homemade)
- 1.5 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oven ready lasagna noodles
- Brown and cook sausage and ground beef. Drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cook to a simmer. Add 1/2 cup water and seasonings. Let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Spray bottom of an Instant Pot safe springform pan with cooking spray.
- Put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on bottom of springform pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place 3-4 lasagna noodles (uncooked) on top of sauce. Break into pieces to make them fit.
- Add a layer of sauce, parmesan cheese, colby jack, and mozzarella.
- Repeat layers until you reach the top, and on the last layer of meat, cover with just mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with tin foil.
- Place 1 cup water in bottom of Instant Pot. Place trivet in water.
- Place springform pan on top of trivet.
- Close the lid, make sure the valve is not set to release pressure, and set IP to cook for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- After the timer reaches twenty minute, let the IP release it's pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release the rest.
- Remove from Instant Pot and remove tin foil. Place under broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is browned and crispy.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
I made this and it turned out great! Do you think I can stack 2 springfoam pans on top of each other and make 2 of these at the same time? I’m a novice IP user. Not much experience. Thanks
I’m so glad! ANd I have never done that, but I think it would work well!
Mary Q says
I’ve stacked two on top of each other and it came out fine. I think I allowed an extra few minutes for cooking though. I always makes two…one for dinner and one to freeze. It’s so handy to have on hand and cheaper and tastier than toe frozen kind you buy at the store.
Dianna Christensen says
Looks great. And Easy for a quick dinner. Using a springform pan makes it easier to remove the lasagna for presentation . How do you get it out of the non springform fat daddio pan and make it look right?
I haven’t used a non springform pan – I would imagine you would need to slide a knife along the edges and invert it on a plate, being very careful! 🙂
I don’t have oven ready lasagna noodles. Do you think regular ones will work if I partially boil them first?
Should work out fine!
Pat Sweat says
I make this lasagna often‼️My family loves it. My daughter-in-law got me a set of springform pans I never used. The small one fits in my pot and it’s perfect.
I’m so glad you all love it!
Michele Jordan says
I only have spring form pans that go directly into oven for my cheese cakes. Is this the kind you use of is there a specific one for IP? I’m new to IP.
I’m not 100% sure if it was specific for the Instant Pot – the one I linked to is just the one I’ve been told fits well into the IP 🙂 If one of your current one fits, I’m sure it’s just fine to use!
Mary Vezino says
I don’t use foil. Would parchment paper work?
I don’t see why not!
I noticed that the liquid in your pot was red when you removed the cooked lasagna from your pot. Other recipes suggest lining the bottom of lasagna pan with foil to prevent having a messy pan to deal with. Have you tried that? Did it work very well?
I haven’t tried that but you definitely can! I often get criticism from people when I use tin foil in my Instant Pot, so for these posts, I generally avoid using it 🙂
What size pan do you use?
I used the 7″ pan 🙂 http://amzn.to/2wSbaeC
tiana karst says
Hello, this looks delicious, thanks for the recipe and all the details! I am curious about how many you think this feeds? And also, I’ve looked at two IP lasagna recipes and neither call for ricotta. Do you know why? Would that make it too liquidy? Thanks!
Hmm…4-5 adults? And I just don’t like ricotta, which is why I don’t include it 🙂
Mary Q says
It’s delicious made with ricotta, if you like ricotta. That’s the way I make it.