This was a HUGE hit when I brought it to a party – a bacon and swiss apple cider with a tangy honey cider vinaigrette. So tasty!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon poppyseed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 8 cups spinach leaves
- 8 pieces bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss and parmesan mixture
- 1 bag pomegranate infused craisins
- 2 large apples, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pecans
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until well-combined. Refrigerate until everything is combined (it can last in the fridge for about a week.)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing right before serving.
Sometimes I love salads, other times…not so much. Jack on the other hand? Obsessed with salads. He asks for one for dinner almost every night, and when we go out to eat, he often requests one. Not like any other three-year-old I know (not that I’m complaining!)
For me, a salad has to be substantial for me to really enjoy it. I love when a salad has nuts, fruit, and occasionally cheese in it. And, of course, a delicious dressing.
A few weeks ago, we went to a restaurant nearby called Mod Market. We ordered a pizza, but I was regretting my choice as soon as I saw how delicious the salads looked. They were filled with fresh and delicious ingredients, and they were so hearty!
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
We went to my brother and sister-in-law’s house the other night for a dinner and game night, and my sister-in-law asked if I would bring a salad. I really wanted to bring something delicious, so I headed to Pinterest for ideas.
I combined a couple of different ideas I saw to make this salad. It turned out so yummy! I loved that honey apple dressing, and the combination of ingredients in the salad were delicious. I kept coming back for seconds.
This makes a lot – so if you aren’t serving more than 10 people, I would definitely halve this. It’s a great salad to bring to parties though!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).