Easy sweet and spicy pork chops topped with sweet pineapple and red peppers – the perfect recipe to get in the mood for grilling season!
Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops Recipe
- About 6 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 bottle A1 Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1-2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 pineapple - outside removed and sliced
- Place pork chops in a plastic bag with the A1 sweet chili garlic sauce. Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into chunks. You can cut the pineapple into chunks, or just use large slices.
- Grill everything on the grill until tender! Baste the pork chops with a little bit of extra A1 before removing from the grill.
Even though I have acid reflux, and spicy foods don’t tend to go well with that…I can’t help but enjoy something with a little spice every now and then. When it’s paired with something sweet to balance it out? Even better!
I’m so excited that it’s just about grilling season. Even though we had a big snowstorm yesterday, today is sunny and nice, and it makes me excited for many outdoor events over the next few months. Since we live in a single family home now with our own backyard, we’re even more excited because we can take advantage of grilling on the BBQ in our own backyard. We made do in the past, and tried to replicate some of our favorite grill recipes indoors, but nothing really can replace using a grill outdoors.
One of my favorite types of meat to grill is pork chops! Well, to be honest, it’s one of my favorite foods to eat. Whenever we go out to eat, I’m always tempted by pork chops – I especially love when they are doused in a delicious marinade. I’ve shared our AMAZING strawberry chipotle glazed pork chops in the past, as well as a easy panko crusted pork chops recipe, so I’m excited to share this fun idea we had a few weeks ago. We got all the ingredients at our local Walmart, where they have a huge variety of meats, veggies, and other simple ingredients to make grilling easy.
To be honest, it’s not so much a recipe, as it is an assembly. But really, when it comes to grilling, I think the simpler is the better! We decided to marinade the pork chops in A1 Sweet Chili Garlic sauce, and then along side grilling the pork chops, grill some chopped onions, red peppers, and pineapple. It turned out so good!
It felt a little bit like we were at a luau or something. The A1 sauce had a really nice kick to it, but when I ate pieces of the pork with the peppers and pineapple, it really balanced out nicely. It was such a simple, enjoyable meal that we can’t wait to try again.
With Memorial Day coming up, you’ll definitely want to stock up on your pork. There are so many different cuts and preparation methods – from pork chops, to ribs, to pork burgers – the possibilities are really endless. It’s a must-have for grilling season, especially with all the ways you can make it. I can’t wait to make some more yummy recipes.
Now through September 7, the next time you toss pork on the grill, snap a photo and tag it with #GrillPorkSweeps on Instagram. If you tag your photo and fill out the sweepstakes form on the National Pork Board site you’ll be entered to win a year’s worth of free groceries from Walmart! Photos with the hashtag will be uploaded to the National Pork Board site. So, grab some Smithfield/Farmland Pork chops (one of our favorite brands) from Walmart, some delicious A1 sauces, and get grilling!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com