Instant Pot Queso Dip Recipe
I’ve never been a big cheese fan…but I sure can’t get enough of white queso.
There’s just something so delicious about warm, flavorful white cheese being scooped up with chips.
A few weeks ago, I was assigned to bring a cheese dip to a family get together, and I thought it would be fun to try and make an Instant Pot queso dip.
I know, I know, it goes against all rules about experimenting new recipes for parties and guests…but I really felt confident about this one.
It took me awhile to decide exactly how to go about it, but in the end, I think this recipe is pretty much delicious.
It is a recipe that you do need to keep warm – so I would consider moving to a small slow cooker or keeping the bowl on a warming plate. It is absolutely delicious though, and I think it’s pretty much fool proof.
I used a Pyrex glass bowl to cook the queso in my Instant Pot, and I think it worked out pretty well. I did have a little bit of trouble getting it out…but in the end I was successful. That’s just something to keep in mind.
This had wonderful flavor, and it was perfect for chips and for the taco bar that we served it at. After it is done, you do need to whisk it for a little bit to make sure everything is smooth. But it’s delicious!
New to Instant Pot? Read our ultimate Instant Pot guide for everything you need to know!
DON’T FORGET TO JOIN OUR INSTANT POT MADE EASY FACEBOOK GROUP
Instant Pot White Queso Dip
- 3/4 lb white american cheese slices
- 1 cup queso shredded cheese mix
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup water
- Put one cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Cover the bottom of an Instant Pot safe bowl with tin foil and place on a trivet that has been placed on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Add all ingredients and cover top of bowl with tin foil.
- Put on Instant Pot lid and set for 18 minutes on manual high
- After time is up, quick pressure release and remove lid.
- Remove tin foil and whisk immediately until smooth. You may need to set the pot to "saute" to help.
- I like to buy my American cheese sliced from the deli.
- When the recipe is done, you will likely see that is a little bit separated. Whisking this while it's still hot will help to combine everything.
Other Instant Pot Recipes you might enjoy:
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken and Potatoes
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chocolate Banana Cake
- Instant Pot Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff