With the weather being warm, there’s no better way to cool off than with a refreshing glass of freshly squeeze strawberry lemonade! This delicious homemade strawberry lemonade recipe is easy and super yummy (not to mention pretty!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 3-4 large lemons
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- In a gallon sized container, add the sugar and lemon juice.
- Fill the rest of the container with cold water.
- Stir the lemonade until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the sliced strawberries and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to incorporate.
- (optional) Whisk the lemonade to break the strawberries up into little pieces.
- Serve over ice.
Hello again! Jordan here, and today I’m sharing my recipe for strawberry lemonade. I love fresh squeezed lemonade, especially in the summer. It’s pretty much summer in a glass, don’t you think? So when you add juicy, ripe strawberries into the picture it’s practically impossible to not enjoy a serving without a smile on your face.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice is key for this delicious lemonade. I can always tell the difference between artificial and freshly squeezed lemonade. In fact, I won’t even purposely drink artificial lemonade – I can’t stand it. And I actually don’t mix up fresh juice that often anymore. That’s probably why I feel that this strawberry lemonade is such a treat.
I lucked out with getting perfectly ripe strawberries for my lemonade. Here’s a tip: get smaller strawberries that are deep red for super juicy sweet strawberries.
After I squeeze my lemons and mix up the juice with sugar and water, all I do is add the sliced strawberries. It only takes about an hour in the refrigerator for the strawberries to infuse their flavor with the lemonade. After the strawberries have been soaking for awhile, I like to mix up the lemonade some more with a whisk to break up the strawberry slices. I love having the little bits of strawberry in each serving.
For real, Summer in a glass! This is one those indulgences you don’t need to feel guilty about (but you might because it is so goooood.) Plus, it’s another one of those simple and easy recipes that I am so fond of.
Enjoy the sunshine and I’ll see you again next month!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com