A simple yet tasty Hawaiian Teriyaki Burger recipe – perfect for grilling season!
Easy Hawaiian Burger
- Johnsonville Pork Grillers
- Sliced Pineapple reserve some pineapple juice
- Brown Sugar
- Teriyaki Marinade and Glaze
- Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Baste the pork burgers with the teriyaki glaze/marinade and place on grill.
- Pour a little bit of pineapple juice on top of each burger. Be careful, as it may cause flames to come up from the grill.
- Place the sliced pineapple on the grill as well and top with brown sugar.
- Grill everything until done**
- Add cheese (if desired) right before serving. Serve on Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger buns.
Thank you to the National Pork Board for sponsoring this recipe!
When I was about eight year’s old, my family went to Hawaii. It was right before my dad quit working for United Airlines (so, no more super cheap flights – why not go out with a bang?!) I don’t remember a ton about the trip – well, except for a horrible sunburn I got that made me just want to lay on the couch for half the trip – but I do remember going to a luau. It was SO fun. I got to participate in a hula lesson, and the food was fantastic. I love the flavors of pork and pineapple, which were plentiful during the luau.
Whether you’re celebrating Dad’s Day by grilling up tasty pork burgers and ribs this June or hosting a backyard BBQ to kick-off the first day of summer, pork has you covered – no matter what grilling holiday is marked on your calendar. With so many
cuts and preparation methods to try and endless flavor combinations to explore,pork is the must-have this grilling season.
A few days ago, I saw Johnsonville Pork Grillers Burgers at Walmart, and I instantly started thinking about how yummy it would be to make a Hawaiian Burger using them. We had just gotten out Jack’s pool, the weather was warm – it felt like it was the perfect day to make them!
I had never had a pork burger before, but these definitely did not disappoint! We used the Steakhouse Onion flavor of Grillers, which helped to balance out the sweetness of the teriyaki glaze and the pineapple. We used Hawaiian Sweet Roll hamburger buns, which was the perfect final touch.
These burgers were SO easy to make, so they are perfect for Father’s Day or really, any day of the summer where you want a quick, satisfying meal. We are big fans of pork, so it was kind of fun to try a pork burger, as opposed to a tradition beef burger. GrillPork.org has some more yummy recipes and grilling tips from the National Pork Board and other BBQ pros! There are so many different cuts of pork that you can use to make delicious recipes – we personally love the Smithfield/Farmland brand – every cut of their hand-trimmed extra tender fresh pork is proudly raised in the USA. You can get it at Walmart, along with some great A.1. marinades that you can use to top off your favorite cut of pork – Sweet chili garlic (which we used to make these delicious sweet and spicy pork chops), spicy chipotle, and Smokey Black Pepper! Or, if you love brats, Johnsonville has some great grilling links, and they are the #1 brand of brats nationally!
This Father’s Day, Walmart is the ultimate source for your barbecue essentials and great pork deals on your grilling favorites like pork burgers and ribs. Look for these pork favorite when shopping the meat case and visit GrillPork.org for more grilling inspiration.
Be sure to enter the #GrillPorkSweets Instagram giveaway. From now until September 7th, the next time you grill with pork, take a picture and tag it with #GrillPorkSweeps on Instagram. If you do this, and then fill out the sweepstakes form here, you’ll be entered to win a year’s worth of groceries from Walmart, as well as other great prizes from Smithfiled, A1 and Johnsnville.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com