The English Muffin Pizza is a delicious and easy meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Here are four creative English Muffin Pizza Recipes that the whole family will love.
English Muffin Pizza Ideas
Thank you to Bays English Muffin for partnering with us on this post.
In 1972, McDonald’s introduced its now hugely popular Egg McMuffin on a toasted Bays English Muffin. Without Bays English Muffins, the original McDonald’s Egg McMuffin could have been just another flash in the pan instead of becoming immediately popular and enduring to become the American icon it is today.
Did you know you can still recreate this yummy breakfast item yourself using the same Bays English Muffins brand as McDonalds originally used? Don’t you want one right now?????
But English muffins aren’t just for breakfast anymore! They are delicious any time of day.
Using the recipe his English grandmother brought to this country in the 1800s, George Bay made English muffins. Bays English Muffins great buttery, yummy deliciousness is still made the same way today, same recipe, same ingredients.
They are my husband Bruce’s favorite type of English Muffin. As well as having a fresh taste and a soft texture they come pre-sliced, which is always a plus.
We like to eat a little more simply on Sunday afternoons and recently hosted our daughter and her family for a pizza fest. Here are my two little junior sous chefs showing off the finished menu they helped create–Three Bays English Muffin Pizzas and Garlic Bread:
They are so easy to make – and it’s a great way to involve the children in the kitchen. We’ve shared how to make English muffin pizzas, but today, we’re going to share a couple fun variations.
Using Bays English Muffins as the crust, we chose three recipes from Bays.com. The first was Shitake Mushroom & Herb Pizza:
Don’t be scared away from making these by the price of the shitake mushrooms, which at my local King Soopers were $8.99/pound. The mushrooms came to under two dollars and they were plentiful. The recipe also calls for Havarti cheese slices, which I don’t like, so I substituted provolone. This is definitely a milder cheese and worked fine for our taste buds. In other words, use whatever cheese you like. This is a great vegetarian choice, but if you prefer meat lovers, we decided adding Italian sausage would be perfect on this mushroom pizza.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, trimmed, sliced (1/4-inch)
- 3 ounces baby portabella (crimini) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 4 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split
- 4 Havarti cheese slices (1 ounce each), cut
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mushrooms; sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and herbs; continue cooking 1 minute.
- Toast muffins; place on baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; cover with cheese. Top evenly with mushroom mixture.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
I would suggest adding a little more barbecue sauce to the mix for these and to eat them immediately after they come out of the oven. Doesn’t all food taste best when it’s piping hot? Especially when barbecue sauce is an ingredient.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split, untoasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix barbecue sauce and chicken in medium bowl. Mix cheeses in small bowl.
- Place muffin halves on baking sheet. Top evenly with chicken mixture; sprinkle with onion and cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Tip: Store-bought rotisserie chicken is a time-saver in this recipe.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 4 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split
- 8 Pepperjack cheese slices (1 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley, optional
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until partially cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Drain grease; return bacon to skillet.
- Sprinkle chili powder over shrimp and add shrimp and pineapple; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp and bacon are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, toast muffins. Place on baking sheet; cover each muffin half with cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with bacon-shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 6 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split, toasted
- Mix butter, 1 tablespoon of the cheese, garlic, and parsley in small bowl.
- Spread 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each muffin half; place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over muffin halves (1 teaspoon per half).
- Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
You can go to Bays.com and check their Store Finder to find a store near you. Because this is a refrigerated product and space may be limited, some of the stores may not always carry them, so you’ll want to plan ahead.
This is a sponsored blog post and Bays English Muffins compensated me for reviewing this product; however, I truly found them to be delicious and recommend them without reservation. #sponsored #BetterWithBays
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com