Do you want to know how to make English muffin pizzas? Look no further – this post has the best English Muffin Pizza Recipe – and you can make them in less than 30 minutes!
English Muffin Pizzas
Thank you to Bays for partnering with us to create this recipe.During tax season I spend all afternoon at Bruce’s office scheduling appointments, logging out tax returns, preparing deposits, and visiting with clients. Yes I’m indispensable! Often by the time I get home I have about half an hour to get a more or less okay dinner ready for Bruce and I to eat before he goes back to the office for his evening appointment. Most nights I prepare what I call “halfway homemade” meals, using ingredients that cut down the time considerably but still taste delicious. One of our new favorites are mini pizzas made with Bays English Muffins. Bays sent us a boxful of their delicious English Muffins and we love them! They toast up nice and crisp on the outside while still being soft and chewy on the inside. Last week we had a houseful coming for dinner–including our daughter Katie, her husband Forrest, and the boys Jack and Oliver. This dinner actually took a little more before-time preparation because of the numbers we were feeding. But overall preparing the pizzas and baking them took only thirty minutes. As with most meals, gathering and prepping the ingredients is the key to quick meal preparation. I decided to make three kinds of pizzas: Pepperoni; Canadian Bacon with Pineapple; and Deluxe, with pepperoni, Italian sausage, Canadian Bacon, mushrooms, and red onions. Before I went to the office I cooked the sausage and cut the other food items into the proper sizes and put them into ziploc bags. The English Muffins come pre-sliced so that was a welcome time-saver. You can certainly use commercial pizza sauce, but at our house we always ask Forrest to mix up some of his original recipe sauce. The extra herbs and spices, as well as the southern touch of Molasses, make his sauce the best! Click here to read the recipe for the best homemade pizza sauce. If you are having a party with children, or aren’t in a time crunch, it’s easy to spread the muffins with sauce and then let everyone prepare their pizzas the way they want them. But since we had only a short time for dinner Katie and I made all the pizzas.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
- 1 package Bay's English Muffin
- Pizza Sauce, https://www.clarkscondensed.com/food/easy-pizza-sauce-recipe/
- Various Toppings, (pepperoni, sausage, peppers, mushroom, onion, pineapple, etc).
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare toppings - brown and crumble sausage, cut up vegetables, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Break the English Muffin into halves and place on a cookie sheet.
- Pre-bake the English muffins for about five minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with sauce, then toppings, and finish with the mozzarella cheese. Placing the cheese on top of the toppings helps keep them from falling off.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. We always broil them for 1-2 minutes (watching carefully) to make sure cheese is nice and browned.