This easy cheesy refried bean dip is a a crowd-pleasing appetizer that will disappear quickly!
- 1 recipe of homemade refried beans or about two cans of refried beans, with garlic powder added.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix beans, onion, sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese together in a 8x8 baking dish until combined.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top until covered (you will use between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
A few months ago I shared a recipe for homemade Mexican style refried beans. I stand by my claim that once you try them, you’ll never want to buy the canned kind again!
Today I’m excited to share a recipe I created with that first batch of refried beans I made – it’s just taken me awhile to get it up. We made this dish to take to dinner at someone’s house, and I just kind of threw it together last minute (literally – I took it out one minute before we left, took some pictures, and rushed to the car. There had been a tornado warning, which shut us in our basement, so I was a little bit behind.)
It was a big hit at dinner, and when I made it a few weeks later at my parent’s house, everyone really enjoyed it as well. I feel like the fall and winter have a lot of parties and get togethers going on, so this is a great appetizer to bring to parties. It’s absolutely delicious!