This easy cheesy refried bean dip is a a crowd-pleasing appetizer that will disappear quickly!
A few months ago I shared a recipe for homemade Mexican style refried beans. I stand by my claim that once you try them, you’ll never want to buy the canned kind again!
Today I’m excited to share a recipe I created with that first batch of refried beans I made – it’s just taken me awhile to get it up. We made this dish to take to dinner at someone’s house, and I just kind of threw it together last minute (literally – I took it out one minute before we left, took some pictures, and rushed to the car. There had been a tornado warning, which shut us in our basement, so I was a little bit behind.)
It was a big hit at dinner, and when I made it a few weeks later at my parent’s house, everyone really enjoyed it as well. I feel like the fall and winter have a lot of parties and get togethers going on, so this is a great appetizer to bring to parties. It’s absolutely delicious!
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
- 1 recipe of homemade refried beans or about two cans of refried beans, with garlic powder added.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix beans, onion, sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese together in a 8x8 baking dish until combined.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top until covered (you will use between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).