This easy cheesy refried bean dip is a a crowd-pleasing appetizer that will disappear quickly!
A few months ago I shared a recipe for homemade Mexican style refried beans. I stand by my claim that once you try them, you’ll never want to buy the canned kind again!
Today I’m excited to share a recipe I created with that first batch of refried beans I made – it’s just taken me awhile to get it up. We made this dish to take to dinner at someone’s house, and I just kind of threw it together last minute (literally – I took it out one minute before we left, took some pictures, and rushed to the car. There had been a tornado warning, which shut us in our basement, so I was a little bit behind.)
It was a big hit at dinner, and when I made it a few weeks later at my parent’s house, everyone really enjoyed it as well. I feel like the fall and winter have a lot of parties and get togethers going on, so this is a great appetizer to bring to parties. It’s absolutely delicious!
- 1 recipe of homemade refried beans or about two cans of refried beans, with garlic powder added.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix beans, onion, sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese together in a 8x8 baking dish until combined.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top until covered (you will use between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com