Chai Peach Cobbler
- 1 15 ounce can of sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of chai spice mix not the tea
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain 1 can of peaches; reserve the syrup from the other.
- Place the butter in a 9- by 9-inch ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat the butter in the oven until it's melted.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chai spice mix.
- Mix in the milk and the reserved syrup. About a half cup of reserved syrup will do just fine.
- Pour the mixture over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- Arrange the peaches over the batter and butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- The batter will rise around the peaches, and the cobbler is done when the batter becomes a thick and golden brown crust.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Forrest made this the other day, and it’s one of those recipes that I just couldn’t get enough of. When he first pulled it out of the oven, he was a little worried that it was burnt and ruined – but we discovered that was because of the chai spice seasoning. It is honestly one of my favorite creations of his!
We used some of our chai spiced peaches that we made a few weeks ago, though if you just want to use a regular can of peaches, that’s fine too! You have to make sure you have a chai spice mix though in order for this to be as delicious as it was for us. We just buy the Archer Farm’s brand at Target, which is available in the spice aisle. Here is a DIY Chai Spice Mix recipe that you may have all the ingredients. This is NOT Chai Tea. There is no caffeine in these peaches 😉
I usually love peach cobbler, but this was one of the best renditions of it I’ve had. It had so many soothing, fall flavors on it, and I just can’t describe how much I enjoyed it. You could easily enjoy it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but I thought using frozen cool whip was just as delicious.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com