This festive candy corn popcorn is a simple Halloween treat that can be made in minutes!
Candy corn isn’t my favorite thing to eat, but Jack convinced me to buy a bag a few weeks ago (one of those mixed bags with the pumpkins – I like those more!) Well, after eating a few too many, I about swore candy corn off for the rest of the year.
Even if candy corn isn’t my favorite flavor, it sure is fun to come up with candy corn inspired foods and decorations. Amber shared this fun candy corn burlap garland last year and just a few weeks ago, I posted about these candy corn marshmallows. If you haven’t guessed yet, now I’m sharing a candy corn popcorn recipe!
I made this for some of my family members, and it was a big hit – especially with the littles! As soon as I told my nephew, Benji, that I was making Halloween popcorn, he asked me every five minutes if it was done.
It’s super easy to make, and it’s a great Halloween recipe!
Products You’ll Need:
Popped Popcorn (if all you have is kernels – brown bag popcorn is the way to go!)
Orange Candy Melts
Yellow Candy Melts
White Candy Melts (we actually used the candy corn candy melts!).
Silicone Baking Mat
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup orange Wilton Candy melts
- 3/4 cup yellow Wilton Candy melts
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn and remove kernals. Divide into three bowls.
- Melt the candy melts or chocolate chips one flavor at a time. You can do this by using a double broiler or by melting them in a microwave bowl for 30 seconds, stir, then more 15 second intervals until it is done melting.
- Once you have one bowl of candy melts/chocolate melted, pour into one of hte bowls of popcorn. Mix around until popcorn is completely covered. Pour popcorn onto a silicone baking sheet or waxed paper to cool.
- Repeat with additional colors/popcorn.
- Let cool completely and then break apart all of the popcorn. Mix together in a large bowl and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1146 Total Fat: 50g Saturated Fat: 42g Sodium: 424mg Carbohydrates: 145g Sugar: 108g Protein: 18g
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).