Make your own festive Christmas t-shirt with your Cricut machine! Here are over 20 different Cricut Christmas shirt ideas and SVG files you can use for inspiration!
From creating cute matching shirts for everyone in your family to putting together funny Christmas shirts to wear during the holiday season, there are so many fun ways to use your Cricut during the holiday season.
That means you’re going to need plenty of great Cricut Christmas shirt ideas to keep you busy!
If you’re looking for holiday shirt inspiration, I have everything you need to create tons of amazing new shirts for all your Christmas celebrations.
How Can I Decorate My Shirt for Christmas?
With the help of your Cricut, you can decorate your shirt a variety of different ways this holiday season!
- Iron-on vinyl. One of the most popular ways to use your Cricut to decorate a shirt for Christmas is with iron-on vinyl. To use vinyl, just create a design in Design Space and use your Cricut to cut the design on your vinyl. Transfer the vinyl to your shirt to add a quick and easy design to any Christmas shirt.
- Infusible ink. Create a custom design for your Christmas shirts with the help of infusible ink. When using infusible ink to design your Christmas shirts, make sure to use Cricut brand shirts created for use with the specialized ink for best results.
- Fabric appliques. Add holiday themed fabric appliques to your Christmas shirts with the help of your Cricut. To cut fabric with your Cricut, you’ll need to add Heat ‘N Bond to the fabric before cutting. Then, you can cut out your design and stick it to your fabric using an iron.
Supplies for Making a Cricut Christmas Shirt
My favorite method for making shirts with Cricut is to cut iron-on vinyl to decorate my shirt. It’s the simplest and most straight-forward method for decorating your t-shirts, which means you can make an adorable Christmas shirt in a matter of minutes. And you don’t need a bunch of specialized supplies to create an adorable holiday outfit.
To make a Christmas shirt using your Cricut, you’ll need:
- T-shirt: For best results it’s a good idea to choose a shirt made of cotton or a cotton/polyester blend to make your Christmas shirts. That’s because you’ll need to use a high degree of heat to transfer the vinyl to your shirt, which may cause shirts make with other materials to melt or burn.
- Iron-on vinyl: To create a Christmas shirt using your Cricut, you’ll need to use heat transfer or iron-on vinyl. This type of vinyl is designed to be transferred directly onto fabric or other materials using a heat source.
- Cricut Explore or Maker: Cutting designs for your Christmas shirts will require a Cricut Explore or Maker because they allow you to cut a large piece of vinyl at once. For smaller t-shirt projects (less than 4.5 inches wide) you could use a Cricut Joy.
- Design Space: To create the design for your holiday t-shirt, you need to install Design Space, which is the design program that is compatible with your Cricut. The design program will allow you to create your own design or upload an SVG file to cut using your Cricut.
- Weeding tool: A weeding tool will help you remove the excess vinyl from around your design.
- EasyPress: The best way to transfer your vinyl to your fabric is with an EasyPress because it provides steady, even heat. A household iron can also be used to transfer your vinyl, but the results will vary.
The Best Vinyl for Christmas Shirts
Using heat transfer vinyl is a great way to create custom designs for your Christmas shirts. But with so many different types of vinyl available, you may be wondering which is best for holiday shirts.
- Solid iron-on vinyl. Classic solid-colored HTV is a great choice for creating holiday shirts because it allows you to create simple designs with ease. Use holiday colors when cutting your designs to create amazing Christmas shirts without the need for special supplies.
- Glitter HTV. Add some sparkle and shine to your Christmas shirts with the help of glitter heat transfer vinyl. This fun HTV is a great way to add some flash to all your holiday designs
- Metallic heat transfer vinyl. Another fun way to decorate your Christmas shirts is with metallic vinyl. Metallic vinyl adds shine and shimmer to your designs, making it great for holiday-themed shirts.
- Patterned iron-on vinyl. Add some style to your holiday shirts this year with the help of patterned vinyl. You could choose Christmas patterns or classic patterns, like buffalo check, to decorate your holiday shirts.
I am a big fan of Expressions Vinyl HTV!
Christmas Cricut Shirt Ideas
Now that you know all about making your own shirts with your Cricut this holiday season, you’re going to need some great Christmas Cricut shirt ideas! These fun holiday shirts are great for dressing up for Christmas this year.
Cricut Design Space Christmas Shirts
- Merry Christmas Bear T-Shirt
- This is My Christmas Shirt
- Falala Llama Christmas Shirt
- Deck the Halls Y’all Shirt
- Snowflake T-Shirt
- Merry and Bright Tree Delivery
Christmas T-Shirt SVG Files
There are so many great Christmas SVG files for t-shirts across the web. Here are a few places to look:
Tutorials and Inspiration
First, here are a couple of shirt ideas you can find right here on Clarks Condensed:
And here are some other ideas!
More Christmas Ideas:
- DIY Cricut Christmas Matching Game
- 30+ Easy Cricut Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 40+ Christmas Games and Activities for Kids: Free Ideas and Printables
- 30+ Memorable Christmas Traditions for Families
- 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas and FREE Printable
- 14 Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas with Children
- A Cricut Christmas Gallery – Free Design Space File
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Looking for even more Cricut help? Be sure to check out our Cricut Tutorials guide which has all of our best tips, tricks, and tutorials for mastering your Cricut machine!