We had the opportunity to review two recipes from the Six Sister’s cook book – a Year with the Six Sisters. It has meal plans for the whole year!
Black Bean Tacos
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- ¼ cup salsa
- About 1/2 cup red pepper and onion sauteed
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- About ¼ cup oil I used coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese and tortillas in a bowl. Coarsely mash mixture until everything is combined.
- Heat a skillet with about 1/4 cup to medium high heat.
- Place tortilla in the oil and lightly fry. Remove and place on a tortilla to get rid of excess oil.
- Place tortilla on a baking sheet and spread about 2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture on half of the corn tortilla.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the mixture. Flip over if you need the beans to weight down the tortilla to keep it closed.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with extra salsa and romaine lettuce.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com