We had the opportunity to review two recipes from the Six Sister’s cook book – a Year with the Six Sisters. It has meal plans for the whole year!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- ¼ cup salsa
- About 1/2 cup red pepper and onion, sauteed
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- About ¼ cup oil, I used coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese and tortillas in a bowl. Coarsely mash mixture until everything is combined.
- Heat a skillet with about 1/4 cup to medium high heat.
- Place tortilla in the oil and lightly fry. Remove and place on a tortilla to get rid of excess oil.
- Place tortilla on a baking sheet and spread about 2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture on half of the corn tortilla.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the mixture. Flip over if you need the beans to weight down the tortilla to keep it closed.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with extra salsa and romaine lettuce.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).