DreamBox versus DreamBox 2 – you might be wondering what the difference is and if you should upgrade (or if you should just find a used one!). In this article, I’ll share everything you need to know to help you make that decision!
Have you heard the big news? Create Room is launching the new DreamBox 2!
As you all know, I have been a long-time supporter of Create Room – from my Original Scrapbox to my current DreamBox (both of which I still use and love). Both of these pieces of furniture have been essential to the organization in my home!
So when I heard about the new DreamBox 2, I couldn’t wait to see what improvements it had. I’ve spent a lot of time reading the details, and I thought I would put together a comparison with some of the questions you may be having.
I do not currently own a DreamBox 2, but a member of my team will be going to the DreamBox warehouse soon to do a full review for me! So be on the lookout for that 😃
tldr; The new DreamBox 2 has many improvements, the main ones being with the customization options of the center panel, increased storage space, and the new table design. Use the code CLARKS for $100 off!
DreamBox vs DreamBox 2 Comparison
I have taken the most important (in my opinion) information from this comparison post that Create Room put together.
|ez Fold Table
|Secure lock table system
|Customizable side boxes
|Customizable upper center sections
|Customizable lower center section
|Integrated LED Light
|Industrial Grade Hinges
|Small notion shelves
|2 door panel
|Max inview totes
|Exterior Panel Door Decor
|Made with MDF Wood
Pros and Cons of DreamBox 2
The DreamBox 2 is a great option for many people, but there are pros and cons with any purchase. Here are some that you might want to consider as you decide on this purchase.
- Spacious Organization: DreamBox 2 offers ample storage space with various shelves, drawers, and compartments to keep your craft supplies organized.
- Customizable: It can be customized to fit your specific craft storage needs, with adjustable shelves and dividers.
- Compact When Closed: When not in use, the DreamBox 2 can be closed into a compact cabinet, saving space in your craft room.
- Easy Access: The fold-out workspace provides a convenient crafting area with easy access to your supplies.
- Quality Build: Create Room’s DreamBox 2 is known for its durable construction and quality materials.
- Costly: DreamBox 2 can be relatively expensive, which might not be budget-friendly for all crafters.
- Assembly Required: Assembly can be time-consuming and may require assistance due to the complexity of the unit.
- Space Requirement: It requires a dedicated space in your craft room, so it may not be suitable for smaller or cramped spaces.
- Limited Mobility: Once set up, it’s not easily portable, making it less ideal for crafters who need to move their supplies frequently.
- Accessories Not Included: Some accessories or additional organizers may need to be purchased separately, adding to the overall cost.
Please keep in mind that the suitability of the DreamBox 2 for your crafting needs depends on your available space, budget, and how you like to organize your craft supplies.
Is the DreamBox worth the price?
This is a hard question to answer, because it’s going to vary from person to person. If you don’t have a lot of crafting supplies (or other hobby supplies, since the DreamBox can be used for more than just crafts!), you’re on a limited budget, and you don’t plan on using it much…then it probably isn’t worth the investment for you.
But for many people – myself included – the DreamBox is 1000% worth the price. In my situation, it helped me to take back my house – which was overflowing with boxes of craft supplies and allowed me to get more organized. It’s saved me money in the long run because I don’t go running to the store as much for craft supplies I know I have but can’t find – because I always know where to look.
I have the original DreamBox and the WorkBox 3.0, and they are both great. I actually use my WorkBox 3.0 to house all of my lactation supplies for my lactation consulting business. The DreamBox lives in my basement, and it’s our go-to space for crafting supplies, homeschooling projects, and it houses all my Cricut machines – and now, my Glowforge Aura.
DreamBox 2 Coupon Code
You can save $100 with the coupon code CLARKS.
What kind of crafter is the DreamBox 2 for?
I think a better question is – what kind of crafter is it NOT good for? And even then, I’m not sure I have a great answer. If you primarily are crafting with machines or supplies that are quite large and won’t fit into the DreamBox 2, you may not be as happy with it.
It is really great for crafters who have:
- Paper, vinyl, or cardstock
- Small crafting supplies
- Cricut machines
- Sewing materials and projects
Just to name a few items. But the sky is really the limit, especially with how customizable the DreamBox 2 is. You can adjust the heights to be different and truly make it your own.
Where is the DreamBox made?
The DreamBox is made in the United States. They have a high standard for quality control and use the best materials.
Main New Features
While the main structure of the DreamBox 2 is similar to what the original DreamBox had, there are definitely some major improvements.
The biggest improvement is your ability to customize your DreamBox. As much as I love mine, there are times where I wish I could move around things a little bit more. With the DreamBox, this wish becomes a reality, including:
- Add-on wooden drawer accessory – this provides wider storage space if you are wanting to store larger items, notebooks, etc.
- There is more versatility below the table to move around shelves and make more room for different types of machines. We have a few machines that just didn’t fit right, and with this new feature, it would be easier!
- There are adjustable shelves for the small notions area
- Inner frames of the side boxes are customizable – this makes it easier to have storage solutions for Cricut mats, cutting boards, and additional tall, skinny items. I made my own Cricut mat storage with my DreamBox, but it took up a lot of space. I love that this would allow me to storage my mats more easily!
Let’s take a closer look at one of the dreamiest new features; the EZ table! We’ve made it faster and easier than ever to set up and start crafting at your DreamBox. The days of lifting and folding out your table are gone. This EZ table simply folds out in one easy motion. The strong custom hinges are there to support all your crafting activities.
With increased width, but decreased depth, you can now reach all your InView Totes from the comfort of your chair. You’ve been asking for this! There’s also even easier access to items below the table, with the table legs out of your way. Overall, it provides a much more manageable flow for your workspace! (Plus, there’s rounded corners for safer movement around your space.)
Starting with the Center Box, you’ll notice the DreamBox 2 gives you just over 2″ of extra space in width and more customizability for your InView Totes, accessories, machines, monitors, and more.
I LOVE that this is now just something included with the DreamBox 2. I have always been bummed out that I don’t have a light for my DreamBox, but I couldn’t justify upgrading it. This is a great feature.
If you want even more light, though, you can upgrade to the deluxe crown which includes a second LED light.
The original DreamBox will be discontinued at the end of June. However, there are people that sell theirs all the time, so I am sure that there will be some through third-party sellers. I would just caution you to be careful about any purchases you make through Facebook, Craigslist, etc.
The new DreamBox 2 has a base cost of $2,599, which is $100 more than the original DreamBox. For all the new updates and customizations, that’s a pretty small increase in price!
I really think that just depends! I think there are a lot of great features on the DreamBox 2, but the original DreamBox is still wonderful. It really just comes down to if the new features are that much of a game-changer for you!
Will my old accessories work with the DreamBox 2?
Yes! All of the old DreamBox accessories are still compatible with the DreamBox 2! So if you choose to upgrade, you’ll be able to take transfer those right over!
Will new accessories work with the old DreamBox?
New accessories haven’t been announced yet. I suspect that some of htem will be compatible with the original DreamBox, however, there may be some that are specifically designed to work with the DreamBox 2. I will udpate this as soon
Is there any kind of upgrade program?
I would love it if they had this because I would be interested in upgrading, too! Unfortunately, I haven’t heard of any upgrade program. I will keep this upgrade otherwise!
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.