Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili Recipe
- 2 cups grilled chicken strips, cubed
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- Olive oil
- 1 10 oz can mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can mild red chile enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 an corn
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter, can use non dairy vegan butter for dairy free
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk, or evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large pot, put cubed chicken, tomatoes, diced green chiles with about two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add cans of enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, chile powder, and cumin to the pot. Put heat to medium and cover. Stir occasionally over the next 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, place the butter into a sauce pan. Melt and then slowly add flour and whisk until lumpish.
- Slowly add coconut milk in and mix until smooth.
- Add milk to the large pot and stir.
- Also add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Add up to one cup of chicken broth until you reach desired thickness.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Doris Jackson says
Such a delicious recipe! Will make again. We paired it with avocado, greek yogurt, and tortilla chips on the side.
I’m so glad you liked it!
Alissa Groll says
What brand of canned enchilada sauce did you use? I find taste varies greatly by brand.
I usually use Old El Paso 🙂
Kristy L Bertelsen says
This is a great recipe. I substituted masa in place of flour which was really good and added a hint of fat free cream cheese. Coconut milk gave excellent flavor.
Thanks for sharing this!!
Thank you so much for commenting! Glad you enjoyed it 🙂 good to know about masa – I’m going to have to try that!
Hi, I’m a little confused about when to add the enchilada sauces. Step 1 and step 3 say to add both enchilada sauces, can you clarify?
Hi! Thanks for pointing that out! That was a typo. You add them in at step 3 🙂
Thank you! It was delicious.
I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for letting me know!