- 2 cups grilled chicken strips, cubed
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- Olive oil
- 1 10 oz can mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can mild red chile enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 an corn
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter, can use non dairy vegan butter for dairy free
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk, or evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large pot, put cubed chicken, tomatoes, diced green chiles with about two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add cans of enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, chile powder, and cumin to the pot. Put heat to medium and cover. Stir occasionally over the next 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, place the butter into a sauce pan. Melt and then slowly add flour and whisk until lumpish.
- Slowly add coconut milk in and mix until smooth.
- Add milk to the large pot and stir.
- Also add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Add up to one cup of chicken broth until you reach desired thickness.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.