White Chocolate Cherry Tart
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 10 ounces of cherry pie filling, about half of a 21 ounce can
- 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of almond slices
- pie crust, I used a Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 2 Tbs of butter
- Whipped Cream
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Roll out pie crust. I used a pie pan, but mostly you just need something that will catch any leaking liquid.
- Pour pie filling in the middle.
- Add white chocolate chips and almond slices.
- Fold sides over the top, but remove excess pie dough on top.
- You don't want six layers of dough on top.
- Leave a little room between the different sections of dough.
- It doesn't have to be perfectly covered.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Be careful when removing the dish, it will likely be hot if you're not careful.
- Remove the tart from the oven, add butter to the exposed pie crust.
- Place tart back in the oven for 5 minutes on a low broil, or remove when crust is sufficiently browned and butter as been absorbed. The only part of the dish that needs to be cooked thoroughly is the crust, so make sure the crust is cooked all the way through before eating.
- Our tart turned out great. We let it cool for a little bit, and then we enjoyed a slice with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Forrest lives in Colorado with the wonderful Katie Clark and their two sons. Forrest was raised in North Carolina, graduated from BYU with a degree in political science, and loves to dabble in lots different things. Plus, he is a big MLS fan.
Chelsea @ Life With My Littles says
Oh man, this looks so GOOD! I would love to try this one out! My son loves cherries, so he would have fun helping me make this!
It’s a great dessert to get kiddos involved in!