Do you want a creamy chicken pot pie with a flaky crust in the easiest way possible? This is the world’s easiest chicken pot pie recipe, and it can be made and on the dinner table in less than an hour. So good for the cold winter months ahead!
- 1 box of refrigerated pie crust, the kind that is rolled up - typically next to refrigerated cans of biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc. There are two crusts in this. You could probably just use two pie crusts from the frozen section as well.
- 1 can Campbell's Homestyle Light Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 1/2 bag or so of frozen peas, carrots, and corn
- 1 bag of refrigerated chicken strips, cut up - typically with the lunch meat
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, frozen vegetables, and chicken.
- Place one of the crusts into a pie pan.
- Pour the soup mixture into the crust.
- Place the other crust on top of the pie and press down the edges.
- Brush the top with an egg wash.
- Cut a few slits in the top of the pie.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until done.
The other day I went to Trader Joes for the first time in a long time. When we lived in Utah, it was 45 minutes away, and now it’s only about 10…but I feel like I went far more frequently when we lived in Utah! Anyways, as I was perusing the aisles, I noticed that they were giving out a sample of a chicken pot pie. I thought I didn’t like chicken pot pie, but everyone around her was raving about how good it was, so I gave it a try.
I couldn’t stop thinking about it for the rest of the day. It was so flaky and creamy…I can’t even explain it. I’m sure Forrest thought I was a bit crazy for fangirling about it for so long, but it really was so good. However, at $8 a box, I wasn’t about to buy one.
So, I decided to make one myself. I looked up some recipes, but they all seemed so time-intensive. And let’s be real – I just had a baby a month ago. Made-from-scratch meals just aren’t happening yet. Still, I had the craving, and I decided that there had to be some shortcuts I could take. I remembered that I can had a can of Campbell’s® Homestyle Loaded Baked Potato soup, one of Campbell’s new products, at home, and I thought that soups because they are made from high-quality ingredients, farm-grown vegetables, and there are no preservatives. All I needed was the crust, some chicken, and vegetables. I decided to buy some pre-packaged chicken strips that I found in the deli section at store, frozen vegetables, and a refrigerated pie crust. It took me about five minutes to throw everything together, and in about 45 minutes, we had a freshly baked chicken pot pie on the table.
We all LOVED it. It tasted just as good as homemade, and it was very hearty. The weather is starting to cool down around here, which means that comfort foods are in high demand. This truly is the easiest chicken pot pie recipe – I think you’ll enjoy it!
Be sure to check out more delicious Campbell’s recipes that are comforting and delicious!
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.